Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: keeping the bad guys out

keeping the bad guys out

What do you use to keep the thief's out of your utility trailer that has a "soft top roof", if you had to stop for the night at a motel?, wilts on the road to you hunting camp.
    In the past always parked the vehicles as close to our room as possible, but still, your dog tired.....
    thks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: keeping the bad guys out

Thats a tough one! Definitely dont spend a night in prince george! I am more apt to spend a night in a tent on the side of the highway than to pull into a motel in a bigger town. I think the smaller towns are much safer. You can buy little motion alarms that go off if moved. I have put one in my side by side at night when I have had a utv parked at a motel.

Battery operated motion alarm in the trailer?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

C4 works, but is loud and hard on the surroundings. Pack alarms, so when the string gets moved it goes off. Still need to be near an open window though. We don’t stay in town, rather sleep in my truck off the road somewhere as it’s quieter and better chance to be left alone. Or in truck stops/rest areas where there is someone around most of the night.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

We did a redneck snare around our boat, using mono-filament in a perimeter which was tied to a big cowbell perched high over concrete that it would fall down on to. When it went off as the thief got tripped over it, the cowbell clanged like crazy in the dead of the night outside our window. 5 seconds later we heard tires chirping as their getaway car ripped away.

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    Thats a tough one! Definitely dont spend a night in prince george! I am more apt to spend a night in a tent on the side of the highway than to pull into a motel in a bigger town. I think the smaller towns are much safer. You can buy little motion alarms that go off if moved. I have put one in my side by side at night when I have had a utv parked at a motel.
    Any info on these alarms? Sounds interesting

if you catch one you have to deal with him or her appropriately..to evectively protect the next traveller...i ise hotels on rare occasion i have to be really burnt out to do it. if i do i get my room infront where i can see my truck feont desk can see it and theres cameras...bring the hardware inaide with me and if i catch someone on it educate them reall fast then call rcmp and press charges same as a job site.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    C4 works, but is loud and hard on the surroundings. Pack alarms, so when the string gets moved it goes off. Still need to be near an open window though. We don’t stay in town, rather sleep in my truck off the road somewhere as it’s quieter and better chance to be left alone. Or in truck stops/rest areas where there is someone around most of the night.
    Where do you buy c4 and how much ??

thks all, pretty much what i thought. it is rare to spend a nite in a room but it only takes that one time.
    that motion alarm, will have to look into. simple to do rather than a trip line and bell which i have thought of.
    the only other option i thought of was to spend a nite in jail with truck and trailer in there yard, but that option did not last long.
    thks all

The little motion alarm I used is meant to put in windows in your house. Its a 2 piece unit. When the units separate from each other the alarm goes off. It was quite cheap and simple to use.