Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Game Bags?

Re: Game Bags?

Just got my caribou bags in the mail. With all the other expenses involved I didn't think it was a big deal to spend a bit of money on the bags that will hold the meat. Hopefully I'll be able to comment on how well they perform this fall.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by lp270win View Post
    I just got these in the mail yesterday. They’re lightweight and seem very durable. The price is right too. They make them in different sizes as well.

Allen Company Backcountry Meat Bag,-Pack of 4, White - One Size (6545) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00BQXP7YO/..._bT8rFbA193YBF
    I just use these on a bull moose 6 days ago hiking out 4km. And they worked well very well

Ordered and got my "Caribou Magnum Elk bags ", wonder if I'll get them back in the carry bag after they get used? Hopefully on
    the elk hunt next week.
    Good luck everyone.
    B.
    Grandpa used to say, "ya know, when you point your finger at someone , three of your fingers are pointed back at you."

Aren’t these super heavy? The specs say 14 oz, almost 0.8 lb / bag? I use sleeping bag storage sacks that weight about 10% of that and cost $7 each. They have drawstrings, cleanup well...

Pillow cases here for deer sized game. Been using the same ones for 5 years and they work great.

Clean up well at home and cheap.

Was a tip from some of the old timers on here.

I use sleeping bag storage sacks, cotton with draw strings and the plastic draw string locks. They cost about $8 each and I can hang them. Wash up well too.

Got a chance to use my Caribou bags last week on an elk and a whitetail.

Tough as nails and proved to be very durable. When I was done with the elk, washed the bags in a creek and all the blood easily washed away with just water and hand washing. Ring out the water, hang them and they air dry in less than an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    I picked mine up at Prophet River Firearms a few weeks ago. I'm sure you can order from them
    You can get them here (#57) https://thebiggamehuntingblog.com/gifts-for-hunters/
    They ship to Canada