Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game Bags?

Re: Game Bags?

pillow cases work good to for the bits and peices
    I can tell ya, but you know I' ll be lying to you!!!!

King size pillow case covers with zippers. Totally fly proof
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Quote Originally Posted by exv View Post
    anywhere in BC sell these or did you get threw the states?. Thanks
    I picked mine up at Prophet River Firearms a few weeks ago. I'm sure you can order from them

Quote Originally Posted by theoutdoorsman View Post
    I’ve been running the caribou gear game bags for a couple years now and they get two thumbs up from me. Once they’re done with I toss them in the bathtub with hot water and they come out 90% clean. After a quick rinse I run them for a cycle in the machine and they’re back to business for next time.

they are great bags and a good price.

Caribou game bags are the best I’ve used.

I've been using the Allen backcountry game bags. Three days ago we just packed out a moose 4 kilometres and they worked well

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    Caribou game bags are the best I’ve used.

Have the moose magnum pack sitting in front of me waiting for my hopeful moose in a few weeks..

for deer and smaller size game koola buck bags are great as well.

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

For the new Hands that don't know.

To get Blood out of Fabric its best to soak it in COLD Water overnight. Followed perhaps by normal warm Water in the Washing Machine.

Quality Game Bags should be made from Strong enough Material allowing 2 Guys to grab the Bag and lift it with breaking the Bag. Bags for Moose & Elk quarters should measure aproximately 48" wide by 60" long.

Anybody with a Sewing Machine can produce high quality Game Bags. Unfortunately quality Fabric is expensive but sometimes good deals can be had at Church sales and such.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Hmm here in the pond..my favorite..Yukon game bags were not available..used that brand for numerous years..
    This year there were " economy" game bags for moose at ?.. $27 for the 4 x moose quarter bags..next looked some great quality moose bags 60" × 45 "..they were $29 for 4 bags..went with that $1 difference between economy advertised and quality looking bags..time will tell
    Had Susan run the new bags through the wash on cold..no soap and hung to dry in the basement on a hanging/drying rack..
    Can't remember the name brand..they are already in travel trailer packed.
    They do actually look/ feel better than Yukon brand..will do a review after the hunt.
    I am gone from Sept 5 until Sept 29 for deer.then am joined by the rest of the moose mafia for moose hunt at same location until we harvest 2 bull moose or Oct 15 comes around..if the crew bails before the 15th I will tough it out..
    So 16 days bear hunting this spring
    So 14 days fly fishing this spring
    So 15 days fishing / camping at Sheridan lake
    And now 40 plus days camping /deer/bunny/grouse/moose this fall..
    So 85 days social isolating..lol
    Because of poor health unfortunately need to stay in our travel trailer alone..but the rest of the moose mafia are bringing campers and travel trailers..
    Cheers
    Moostafia
    Last edited by srupp; 08-26-2020 at 10:07 PM.

I just got these in the mail yesterday. They’re lightweight and seem very durable. The price is right too. They make them in different sizes as well.

Allen Company Backcountry Meat Bag,-Pack of 4, White - One Size (6545) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00BQXP7YO/..._bT8rFbA193YBF