Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting Boots Breakdown.

Hunting Boots Breakdown.

Hey Everyone. Don't post here often but I need some advice. In the last three years Ive really tried to get into a pair of boots that are comfortable and don't leak.

Three years ago I bought Cabelas Mendls, last year I bought Scarpa Kinesis Pro GTXs, and this year Ive tried La Sportiva Trango TRK. All three were goretex and all three have leaked. The Scarpas, Goretex re-embursed me for, the Cabelas I'm just holding on to cause I need something to hike in, and the LS I'm in the works of getting worked out.

Im going to go all out this time. Does anyone know about how Goretex is sewn into a boot, there must be different thicknesses and ways they are sewn in. I want to invest in a pair that will work for me. I feel like I take care of them but not sure which boot to move forward with. Your comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting Boots Breakdown.

Surprised to hear about the Meindl's. I love mine. Lots of guys swear by Hanwags on here. I wouldn't hesitate to look at them for my next pair.

I use Lowa Tibets and they keep my feet bone dry here on rainy Vancouver island

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    Surprised to hear about the Meindl's. I love mine. Lots of guys swear by Hanwags on here. I wouldn't hesitate to look at them for my next pair.
    I am on my third set in Meindl Island Pros. After about 5-7 years of hard use, one pair leaked. Overall great boots
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

I've used Meindls for a long time and have never had any leakage. They require proper maintenance though, just like other high quality boots.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

My la sportiva evo boots are great . I’ve also had scarpa and miendel boots. The scarpa were ok the Meindels were garbage for sheep hunting. To soft no stiff shank and since the company sold and made in China quality has gone down. I travelled approx 55 miles with my la sportiva evos and never had an issue. As a note I hunt mostly for sheep so the boots are pushed to the max.

Haix mountain boots 15 years . No leaks

Do you condition your boots?, 3 years with Danner pronghorn in the dusty southern interior/snowy fall and no complaints/leaks, dried and conditioned every 3 hunt days and still going strong.
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Elk trackers, had them for years and never a problem. It’s like anything after use you have to take care of them. A sewn sole, no glue is also a must I figure.

Kenetrek boots, based out of PG.