Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Was He Legal? Stone Sheep in BC 2020

Was He Legal? Stone Sheep in BC 2020

The fall hunts are here! Here’s part 1 of a stone sheep hunt with my brother, the first two days had us on rams.

One of the rams on Day 1 had us excited. It’s safe to say aging a stone sheep can certainly be hard on the nerves. Hopefully we can have some good healthy debate on what the ram’s true age was. Having spent hundreds of hours myself studying the topic, and by no means considering myself an expert in any way, in my opinion I would say it is an imperfect science. To use this as a standard of determining legality is certainly something to be discussed in itself.

All that aside, I hope you enjoy this video, and I’ll see you on the mountain.

James

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Was He Legal? Stone Sheep in BC 2020

Cool video looking forward to the next 5 days !

Wow extreme quality video...no camera shake..no out of focus..phenomenal sound quality..impressive editing to tell your story..coherent..enjoyable. .well done Gents..your approach to sheep hunting your thought process all far beyond your years.
    Truly enjoyed the entire narrative..a pleasure to be invited along.
    The ram..no..but for many reasons beyond your assessment. .if in doubt walk away..your statement about no 2 biologists would age it differently is so absolutely true..their social grouping and interaction also tells a story..
    The entire video told YOUR story..known by all in the mountains..
    Lol the huite" cousine"..warmed jerky" smoked over the fire..sheer brilliance.
    Thank you for perhaps the best addition on HBC in 2020 so far.
    Cheers
    Srupp

Guys great video, thanks, and looks like you guys made the right call in letting him walk. Cant see the rings or base well enough to make a call but looks like maybe a 7.5 year old and a ways off full curl. Next year!

Awesome video, thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Wow extreme quality video...no camera shake..no out of focus..phenomenal sound quality..impressive editing to tell your story..coherent..enjoyable. .well done Gents..your approach to sheep hunting your thought process all far beyond your years.
    Truly enjoyed the entire narrative..a pleasure to be invited along.
    The ram..no..but for many reasons beyond your assessment. .if in doubt walk away..your statement about no 2 biologists would age it differently is so absolutely true..their social grouping and interaction also tells a story..
    The entire video told YOUR story..known by all in the mountains..
    Lol the huite" cousine"..warmed jerky" smoked over the fire..sheer brilliance.
    Thank you for perhaps the best addition on HBC in 2020 so far.
    Cheers
    Srupp
    Great video for sure. No doubt, and a excellent response. I am sure they appreciate it as much I did.

Good for you guys, looks like a hell of a hunt. Congrats on an amazing experience and I think you made the right call. Better to air on the side of caution than take an illegal ram. Best of luck for the remainder of your hunting season.

3/4 of a degree North of 60, and a little west of 135

FWIW I think you made the right call. If "I don't know, I can't tell" creeps in to the conversation multiple times it's time to walk away.

RC

5:01 shows the tale, good you passed on that one
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Awesome video! That gets the blood pumping! Thank you for sharing