Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BCWF form letters to send out re: access restrictions

BCWF form letters to send out re: access restrictions

2. Site Sponsor

Re: BCWF form letters to send out re: access restrictions

thanks for sharing.

Like Rob has stated in various other threads,

EACH AND EVERYONE OF US SHOULD BE WRITTING, EMAILING AND OR CALLING THE PM AND OUR MLA's TO VOICE OUT CONCERN.

If you have time to piss and moan about this land access restriction issue on HBC, you have time to do something positive.

Done and done. Thanks for posting this. There are some staff at BCWF braintrust central that will appreciate their work being used!
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Thanks for posting that.
    Im signed up.

On that web page, I did not see the exact text that would be sent but this is the email that was copied to me.

Dear Premier,

I am writing to ask your government to help British Columbian taxpayers, like myself, who are being denied access to crown land. Some First Nations groups have issued statements that key access points to the backcountry will be blocked with gates and monitored. These unlawful restrictions to Crown land not only create a safety concern for me, my family and friends, but also prevents me from pursuing outdoor activities at a time when those activities are more important than ever.

I am grateful that the government has publicly acknowledged the value in allowing British Columbians to recreate safely in their province. Outdoor activities, including camping, hiking, hunting, and angling support the mental and physical health of British Columbians, and have been encouraged by the PHO. Further, hunting and fishing have been deemed essential services. During Phase 3 of the COVID-19 Response Plan, the PHO has not expressed concerns related to outdoor activities that do not impact small communities while your government is spending advertising dollars to encourage British Columbians to explore their province.

I understand that I must take every precaution to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19 for my fellow British Columbians, especially those who live in remote communities and have limited access to medical resources. I prepare accordingly by following the guidelines put forth by the B.C. Wildlife Federation and the PHO.

I will continue to support public access to public resources vigorously for the enjoyment of myself, all British Columbia residents, and future generations. It is your government’s responsibility to uphold the law and address attempts to restrict British Columbians from recreating in their home province. Therefore, I am requesting your government take action on all denial of access issues to Crown land immediately and that you direct your Attorney General to deal with the matter.
    Last edited by Grim; 08-24-2020 at 09:05 AM.

Signed and submitted. Printed form to follow.
    Public land is public land. End of story

I'm bumping this up.

BCWF has a letter writing campaign going about access. It takes no time at all to participate. The goal is to get 2000 letters sent. Right now we're at 469.

A lot of people on this site talk about standing up for resident hunter rights. It's time to walk the walk.

Go to this link and follow the simple instructions:

https://bcwf.bc.ca/initiatives/acces...c-land-in-b-c/

Thanks!
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

I’ve read it , signed it and sent it in . I’ve also forwarded it to as many people as I can . Nice work , lets unite and win this ongoing debate!

Sent and same note received.

Done and got a reply from my MLA,

Dear James:

Thank you for your letter.

We understand and respect First Nation rights and their concern regarding COVID-19. But we also understand the right of British Columbians to hunt and to access Crown land.

The NDP has issued Limited Entry Hunting tags for hunts in British Columbia’s northwest and the entire province for the upcoming seasons. And that means the NDP has an obligation to hunters, who should not be refused access because John Horgan failed to properly engage with First Nations in order to find a solution.

Individuals should be able to access the Crown Lands for which they have been legally issued tags by government, while respecting and protecting indigenous communities from the potential spread of COVID-19. It’s the NDP’s responsibility to make sure this is accomplished.

Sincerely,

Stephanie Cadieux, MLA
    Surrey South

(77 899-8517
    Facebook: /StephanieCadieux
    Twitter: @Stephanie4BC

wrote her back and wrote an email to all of the people Rob had recommended in another thread.

I am studying to do my CORE test and recently joined CCFR and BCWF. Need to make sure that ill still be aloud to hunt next season when i go on my first hunt with some co workers!!