Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stars in the sky steve rinella on netflix

Re: Stars in the sky steve rinella on netflix

Wife and I just watched it. We both thought it was great. No surprise from Steve Rinella
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Watched it a few days ago. Great lil documentary.

I think the only thing that could have improved it is a more diverse cast of hunters telling their stories... He did a great shot of showcasing that all sorts of people hunt, but we didn't hear enough from POCs, women or younger folks. With inclusion being, in my perspective, the worst part of hunting's PR it seems like a missed opportunity to showcase that more people hunt than old white men.

I held a screening with my friends (hippies, vegans and techies) and they all got something out of it; a very positive response. Rinella is an excellent personality to grow hunting acceptance.

Good point though he did have the one Asian / Chinese fellow. Sort of like me he works in tech and got involved in a very non-tech hobby. He could have been interviewed more.

One thing for sure is that hunting in North America is focused on privileged.

It is a jump off point. If Rinella can win over some people, maybe they'll discover his podcast which has a wide variety of characters. Hell he even won my non-hunting step sister.

No one is privileged.
    Member of CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    Good point though he did have the one Asian / Chinese fellow. Sort of like me he works in tech and got involved in a very non-tech hobby. He could have been interviewed more.

One thing for sure is that hunting in North America is focused on privileged.
    X2. It definitely has become a sport for the privileged.
    The amount of money some people spend on hunting is absolutely obscene.

I follow a lot of american hunters on Instagram and a large part of it is the physical aspect, how hard it was blah blah ..... no one wants to post they spent $50,000 to kill a sheep in BC, which for most of us would be harder to part with than doing the physical aspect of even the toughest hunt.

I might sound bitter when I say that. But I'm not. I just wish more of these elaborate hunts had a bill attached to the pics so people had a true understanding just how much money some people spend.

And there are people with 5, 7, 10 sheep on their wall. That sh** ain't cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingtyler123 View Post
    No one is privileged.
    You dont think having $300,000 to spend on the governors tag to shoot a once in a lifetime 270" mule deer is privileged? ... for example

I think Whoever did that worked for it to get there and to be able to do it
    Member of CCFR

If people have more opportunity then me by having more money then me so what. Different life and different circumstances. You don’t know everyone’s battles to get to that platform. Even if a person is born into money, so what? It’s not effecting me
    Member of CCFR