Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E-Scouting: Am I really cheating?

Re: E-Scouting: Am I really cheating?

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    If you're new at the game and need a starting point, sure.
    To the biologist in me this stuff is candy, the ability to quantify data into a tangible resource is taking e-scouting to a whole different level.

@Amphibious,

Sorry to hear you weren't impressed. I wasn't sure how many people were aware of it so, instead of keeping it to myself I thought I'd share. Lots of people have been asking for OnX maps in Canada so perhaps it was time to get it out there for folks less aware could enjoy what it had to offer.

Maybe since you are so generous, you could point out where you have had the most success based on your use of the program.

Thanks for the info. Despite all the tech, you’re still a part time predator looking for full time prey. It’s a resource, for sure, but a loooong way from cutting your tag.

I appreciate the video and link to iMapBC, hadn't looked at it before. Seeing private / public boundaries is very useful once you know an area and want to get a bit more specific info.

Thanks very much for sharing and especially taking the time to make the how-to-video! There will be many people who will find this useful and informative especially to those who are looking at exploring or trying out a new area. I personally find that its a great resource.

Thank you for trying to be helpful and sharing a useful resource.

Disregard the negativity and don't get discouraged. Some people have nothing better to do but get their panties in a bunch over absolutely nothing instead of contributing anything useful/helpful themselves. Sadly these people are the reason newer and older users alike don't bothering posting much anymore or have left altogether.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your videos

Gold! Thanks for the share. Don't listen to naysayers

EDIT: Looking forward to the follow up vid!

Cheers
    Last edited by Murder; 08-21-2020 at 04:20 PM.
    Blacktail Nut

Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    Thank you for trying to be helpful and sharing a useful resource.

Disregard the negativity and don't get discouraged. Some people have nothing better to do but get their panties in a bunch over absolutely nothing instead of contributing anything useful/helpful themselves. Sadly these people are the reason newer and older users alike don't bothering posting much anymore or have left altogether.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your videos
    Exactly right Dash.

Thanks for sharing spdy1. I've hunted for allot of years and never looked at this. No harm in having multiple resources at hand especially when you are trying to build a picture of how to hunt a new area.

Everything on the internet is a starting point. Thanks for sharing. Don't listen to the sneers.