Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: E-Scouting: Am I really cheating?

Thumbs up E-Scouting: Am I really cheating?

Hey yall!

I finally came to the decision to part with a deep dark secret: a little government resource I found some years back that has absolutely revolutionized the way I hunt.

I don't want to sound like a sales person (I have no affiliation with the following website) but whether you are a seasoned veteran, or a cheechako you need to check it out.

ImapBc provides everything from property boundaries to the wintering ranges of deer (not to mention pin point locations of wildlife sightings).

I made a quick how-to style video in the link below on some of the basic features, and plan to follow up with several more short clips that will highlight the less obvious (but extremely useful) facets.

Let me know if you guys are already using this site, and if so let's hear your success stories!

(HOW-TO VIDEO (1) HERE)

(OVERLAY FOR ANIMAL SIGHTINGS)
    Last edited by sdpy1; 08-22-2020 at 12:36 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: E-Scouting: Am I really cheating?

Thanks for sharing, this is a very useful tool! Great first post too by the way!

We're lucky to have a functioning government. The iMap application is great and so is your how-to video.

I don't think this is cheating. Despite this and all the other technological tools, I still think that the animals have the advantage. When I hunt, i am only a visitor to thier land. They have a superior knowledge of that land that time on iMap cannot compare. Only many days or even weeks of boots on the ground can.

Been using it for a long time in conjunction with other programs. It’s a good tool but I don’t think I’ve been more successful because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    It’s a good tool but I don’t think I’ve been more successful because of it.
    Have you used the animal population data yet? In my opinion it seems a little unfair to have that access. In conjunction with wintering zone ranges as well as the habitat and feeding statistics it narrows down the hunters field scouting tenfold.

Talking about how to use a govt resource and then saying it’s unfair. 2 posts. Not sure where you are trying to go OP. I fear your motives.

Thanks for the heads up, I don't know of this will be a game changer for how many animals I can get near but it sure will help narrow down a lot of vast areas. Looking forward to episode 2

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by sdpy1 View Post
    Have you used the animal population data yet? In my opinion it seems a little unfair to have that access. In conjunction with wintering zone ranges as well as the habitat and feeding statistics it narrows down the hunters field scouting tenfold.
    Well, I suppose if a guy couldn't recognize wintering range by looking at it. If you're new at the game and need a starting point, sure. I feel like it will now give me a better idea of areas to avoid.

Thanks for the share any additional resuourse is always useful. I really like using the Google Map 3D Option.

Far from cheating. If you're a complete rookie that doesn't know anything about the land and game you're hunting it could let you be lazy. But using a cringey clickbait title like cheating or unfair is pretty laughable.

Your "deep dark secret" has been used by many of us for years. Sorry to burst you bubble.