Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grohmann Knives

Grohmann Knives

I'm thinking of picking up the #1 or #3. Anybody use these?

Do you recommend their stainless or carbon blades, and sabre or flat grind?

Stainless and sabre seem like the safe and durable choice strength and longevity, but would like some opinions.

How do you find the knife handle ergos and the ellipitical blade for skinning, gutting, quartering, and for fishing?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Grohmann Knives

For me always stainless, carbon needs too much babysitting.
    If you like the steel and fits good, get it.
    I've used all kinds of knives for skinning and filleting and they all work fine unless they are some odd shape like kukri.
    Flat or scandi grind if you sharpen your own knives.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

I don't own a Grohmann, YET! Excellent knives! I would have one already, but I had an oldtimer just given to me from a family friend, so ill buy one next year! My best bud has the #3 and it is his everything knife, don't recall him ever having to even touch the blade up while field dressing!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Had one since my army service at one point it was my only hunting/fishing knife. Moved on to Helle knives for hunting but take the DH Russell fishing and as a knife to take hiking.

My main knife is the deer and moose model. It’ll dress a whole moose without a touch up, but it’s bigger than most people need.

I can’t remember the one my brother had, I want to say it’s the mini skinner, but it was the nicest skinning knife to fit in my hand.

I buy them because they’re Canadian and they happen to be good quality. I’ve probably bought 6 more for birthday and Christmas presents.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

I use the skinner as my quartering blade as it’s quite sturdy. Bought it cause it was Canadian and seemed fitting as a first hunting knife! Cool leather sheath too!

I've had the short blade skinner #103 for about 10 years. Nice size. Strong blade.

I was also looking at the #103 short skinner. Perhaps that is a better dedicated hunting knife compared to the #1?

I own 3 and bought the Bird/trout one for my wife as the handle fits a small hand perfectly. great knifes and easy to sharpen.
    A bad day in the bush beats just about anything...

I've heard the stainless steel doesn't hold an edge that great. For not much more $, I'm looking at the Made in BC North Arm Lynx which uses S35VN steel, G10 grips, and Kydex holster. Definitely stronger and holds an edge longer. Experiences? Will get both knives eventually...