Thread: New Small Game Hunter

New Small Game Hunter looking to connect

Greetings. I’ve been surfing this board over the last little while looking to connect with someone who shares my interests. My name is Rick and I’m from Langley in the lower mainland.

I am a retired businessman and former RCMP member in his mid 60’s with a new passion for small game hunting. I’d like to connect with a safety conscious guy who shares my interests.

My primary interest is Squirrel, Rabbit (cottontail/snowshoe), Turkey, Grouse, etc or any other small game that can be taken with a .22lr, 17hmr or 20 ga that’s worth eating. I also have an interest in deer but nothing bigger. No interest in big game (bear, moose, elk, etc) or water fowl but varmint and predator hunting such as gopher, fox, racoon, coyote and bobcat with a 22-250 or 12 ga would also be great.

I also have an interest in helping out local farmers with barnyard pesting (rats, pigeons and other rodents) with my PCP air rifle if anyone’s looking for a ratting buddy.

I’ve been around firearms for years, very safety conscious and volunteer at my local range as a Range Officer. Being new to hunting, I don’t have the connections or local knowledge to be effective. Age and experience is not an issue for me if you’re mature-minded, open to learning together and local.

On the other hand, if you’re not local but have advice or guidance worth sharing, I’m all ears. Best regards and stay well.
    Last edited by RDJ; 08-15-2020 at 03:16 PM.

2. Site Sponsor