Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom hunting boots?

Custom hunting boots?

Does anybody have any experience with custom hunting boots?

I have a pair of Zamberlan Tofanes that fit me perfectly but I haven't been able to find a higher boot that fits as well.

A couple months ago I read a Lathrop and Sons boot review on Rokslide that got me thinking it might be a worthwhile investment.

A hunting buddy says there is a place in Victoria that makes custom boots for hunters, but he didn't know the name.

Any advice from people that have been down this path before would be appreciated.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Custom hunting boots?

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Does anybody have any experience with custom hunting boots?

I have a pair of Zamberlan Tofanes that fit me perfectly but I haven't been able to find a higher boot that fits as well.

A couple months ago I read a Lathrop and Sons boot review on Rokslide that got me thinking it might be a worthwhile investment.

A hunting buddy says there is a place in Victoria that makes custom boots for hunters, but he didn't know the name.

Any advice from people that have been down this path before would be appreciated.

i have nothing to suggest unfortunately, as my boot hunt stopped at the Toffanes.. they are the best boots I’ve ever used, so great choice ! Anything they can’t handle means I bust out the lacrosse alpha burly rubber hunting boots.

Ive owned a pair of Russel high country hunters for 30 yrs. Sent them back ounce for new soles, that said i wear a pair of Lowas more the last few years

I'm looking at buying a pair of Kenetrek mountain extremes,I've yet to find a dad review on these boots.not cheap, but you get what you pay for. I think the distributor is in Prince George.

I may be wrong but I believe the fellow in Victoria used to live in Smithers and had a business making custom boots up there. Somewhere along the lines I heard he had moved down to the Island. Could also be a different guy?

http://peteward.com/test.vangorkomboot.html

I'll give a bad review on Kenetreks. Mine fall apart every season. Returned them 3 times.

Could be Viberg boots. As for lathrop, they are good, but believe they sell Hanwags. If so know you will duty on the boots as they are not made within a NAFTA country. I have a set of Lathrops custom soles or foot beds. Pretty good but not outstanding. Hanwag Trapper Tops are their high top boot. Have two pairs and really like them. You can buy them in Canada, don't need to buy them in the states. Good luck

Viberg make great work boots. I'm not sure I'd recommend em for hunting boots. They are big, heavy, leather boots.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Lathrop is doing some work to my boots now .and getting there insoles .I will let you know soon as I get them back
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

The waterproof membrane on my Kenetreks was shot after about 1.5 seasons. Wont be buying them again.