Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a GPS?

Re: Recommend a GPS?

+1 Garmin 64S. Got it via Costco.

I've had my 66i for a short time now. It's amazing. There's a learning curve but totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by jlirot View Post
    I've had my 66i for a short time now. It's amazing. There's a learning curve but totally worth it.
    Definitely a learning curve, just got mine recently and there are more bells and whistles than anticipated.

Got a garmin rino. Very nice unit if your hunting partners have them. If not get a simpler unit. But get the brmb chip, best thing you can do for it, really enhances the capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    Definitely a learning curve, just got mine recently and there are more bells and whistles than anticipated.
    What confused me is that some functions are available on your linked phone and some are not. Too many bells and whistles in some cases - at least for me. It's a space shuttle for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm go Garmin 610 Montana. .get a micro SD card with topo contours BC maps, put a plastic film screen saver on it..
    talk with GPS CENTRAL in Alberta..great knowledge., service.. prices
    Send a PM with pH # if you have more questions.
    Cheers
    Steven
    +1 on this advice. Montana is a rugged unit. I had an Oregon for years & it served me well, so Montana was an easy choice.

If you got the money go for the Montana 700 or the 700i...or if you want a camera also the 750i...Big bucks but new technology and a beautiful screen ..5 inch diagonal screen..Looks very easy to use ..I will get one this fall myself ..Dennis

I think it is a good starting point and you will be happy with it. I prefer to hunt rather than play with my GPS and all the bells and whistles when in the bush. Only use it when I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    I think it is a good starting point and you will be happy with it. I prefer to hunt rather than play with my GPS and all the bells and whistles when in the bush. Only use it when I need to.
    Well this is it. I've always done fine with a compass and dead reckoning and whenever I've hunted with GPS owners, they seem to spend more time f**king with their unit than hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    Well this is it. I've always done fine with a compass and dead reckoning and whenever I've hunted with GPS owners, they seem to spend more time f**king with their unit than hunting.
    Sorry buddy..IMO THE most must have for any hunter .PERIOD.
    it opens up the entire province..fastest route to nearest road exit, help..
    16 started hunting 63 coming up to 64..my MOST important piece of hunting kit.
    Steven