Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8x10 Wall Tent......who's done it??0

Re: 8x10 Wall Tent......who's done it??0

if you're looking for quick setup, check out the russian bear pop up tents, either direct from the company or Bereg Canada.....I was hesitant as not much info about them, but have been very happy with it
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Here's mine. 8x10 I think. Nice for one person. You could squeeze two cots in if you had too. No stove hole. Yet. I have interior photos but I can't find the memory stick today.

Last edited by MichelD; 08-14-2020 at 11:17 AM.

I ran an 8x10 for about 10 years.I bought it complete with a stove for $50 from a co worker in the late 90s. I hunt solo lots but also had my two boys with me on a few trips. It was a fine size for myself with a table. I would use a rope/come along between two trees for a ridgepole and tie out the sides for a set up. I still use the stove in the 10x12 I now have.

How about Stoves?
    I'm considering a Cylinder Stove or a Knico.
    Cylinder Stove is heavier but will provide longer burn times.
    Knico is much lighter but shorter burn times.

I would say 98% of my Camping will be Truck Camping, maybe the odd Snowmobile trip with a friend.

We have used a very roomy cabellas big horn and a 10 by 10 arctic oven. The arctic oven is amazingly warm and dry. We have settled on using the main tent as a hot tent and people sleep in their own personal tent with one or two people in the hot tent. No cots as they take too much space on a fly in hunt. Personal tents mean you can snore and not bother anyone... and the main tent has to Be big enough for drying and hanging out. Even with this setup we found the 10x10 tent a hair small for four guys and wet gear
    so we just upgraded to a 12x12 arctic oven.

I use a snowtrekker canvas wall tent. Light weight and durable.

I have a 12x12 cabelas tent but my next tent will be a smaller Arctic Oven tent. Great reviews online. Very expensive. But everything is expensive these days
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

I sold my tipi, I didn't like it. My next hot tent will be an ice fishing shelter. Cheap, fast and easy to set up, it will be easy to buy a stove jack and make it fit for one of the windows. Most ice fishing shelters are 500$ to 700$, a similar tent like those russian bear are over 1800$. Plus I will use it for ice fishing, getting more use out of it.

I have used my pop up ice fishing hut for winter/spring camping a lot, but they are just not comfortable in any amount of heat or bugs

I was set to buy an arctic oven 10 or 12, but then I came across the russian bear tent, was considerably cheaper and was skeptical of the quality of it, but so far it's stood up great, very happy with it (Bereg Canada is great to deal with too)....I think a big selling feature over the AO is the floor is removable, and can get a heavier pvc floor, and an insulated floor with velcro holes for ice fishing....only downside I can think of is the design loses some vertical space compared to a rectangular design, but the igloo design is solid in the wind, a lot better than the pop up ice huts too

my only regret is I wish I bought the larger tent, but is perfect size for solo trips

Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster