Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kokanee Fishing for Beginners

Kokanee Fishing for Beginners

In this video, we walk you thru some of the techniques we use to catch kokanee. This is a great video for those who want to learn how to catch kokanee.

https://youtu.be/nFhgBNY2QYA

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kokanee Fishing for Beginners

Very informative video Ben but there's no money shot!! No 5lb koks landed on the video??

Thx Ben!

Was at Peterhope catching rainbows and wondered how to get some tasty kokanees. I'll have to gear up before my next trip.
    The Pharmaceutical Industry is just as interested in World Health as the Arms Industry is in World Peace.

"We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have one." -Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    Very informative video Ben but there's no money shot!! No 5lb koks landed on the video??
    Haha. I wish there was a 5lb kokanee in that video. For a 5lb kokanee, I'll need to try Kal or Bridge Lake. Maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by elch jager View Post
    Thx Ben!

Was at Peterhope catching rainbows and wondered how to get some tasty kokanees. I'll have to gear up before my next trip.
    You won't be disappointed. Kokanee taste amazing. I prefer eating kokanee over trout now.

so im guessing i cant fly fish for them? unless i use a sinking line i guess...

Hmm thank you Ben for sharing your time..knowleege..skills to help us wanna be kokanee fishermen. .
    Always appreciate your information.
    Be well
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm thank you Ben for sharing your time..knowleege..skills to help us wanna be kokanee fishermen. .
    Always appreciate your information.
    Be well
    Steven
    Anytime. I'm always learning when it comes to kokanee fishing. There's definitely more than one way to catch them

Quote Originally Posted by HikerHunter View Post
    If you had a longer leader on a floating line and a weight pink fly you might do alright in the spring and the fall. Troll really slow.

Also, some guys do well in the spring indicator fishing chironomids. I've found shrimp, bloodworms, glass worms and chironomids in their stomach ice fishing and in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by HikerHunter View Post
    Sure you can! Just use a sinking line or floater with 20' leader (just like a chronomid) and a small flashy pink or orange attractor fly. It looks silly to be casting in the middle of the lake, but once you find a school, you will fill your cooler quickly.
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...