Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shulaps/carpenter trip

Shulaps/carpenter trip

Planning on going up to the Shulaps to scout for some sheep on the carpenter side soon. Anyone been in there lately? I’ve read a few things about the crazy natives and dopers.. dunno if that’s still going on. I just don’t want to get a tire shot out.
    Never been to the area..any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    in return for some tips I could tell ya a few good bear spots in region 5
    Last edited by BH260; 08-11-2020 at 08:56 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Shulaps/carpenter trip

just to add I was thinking about hitting the north side of the Shulaps as well but from what I see on google it doesn’t seem like it would be quite as productive, not as many trees/forage from what I could see. Might be way different when I get there. Does look like good access from the north side though

There's a lady who is living up the Yalakom and calls herself the caretaker of the valley. She will ask you for id, hunting license, tags, and if she doesn't like your business she'll tell you to get out.
    I chatted with her and got along fine but I was just camping and exploring early in the season. She seemed fairly militant about her causes.
    I talked to the RCMP about her back in Lillooet, they're aware but said they might go and have a chat with her again.
    This was a couple of seasons ago.

I have been in the Carpenter side for the last few seasons. Never had an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-R View Post
    There's a lady who is living up the Yalakom and calls herself the caretaker of the valley. She will ask you for id, hunting license, tags, and if she doesn't like your business she'll tell you to get out.
    I chatted with her and got along fine but I was just camping and exploring early in the season. She seemed fairly militant about her causes.
    I talked to the RCMP about her back in Lillooet, they're aware but said they might go and have a chat with her again.
    Thanks for the info! She sounds a little nutty to me�� don’t think I’ll have any problems if I run into her, I’ll just be polite and tell her I’m there to watch the birds.
    I do find it absurd that people think they can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    I have been in the Carpenter side for the last few seasons. Never had an issue.
    Right on that’s what I like to hear.
    thanks

Sheep have been concentrated into smaller pockets in past 10 or so years. .they are much different than rocky bighorn in so many ways.
    Numbers are down but still present.
    Good luck
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Sheep have been concentrated into smaller pockets in past 10 or so years. .they are much different than rocky bighorn in so many ways.
    Numbers are down but still present.
    Good luck
    Srupp
    Thanks Srupp, glad to know there’s still some sheep up there. I’m thinking of looking around peridotite mtn
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-R View Post
    By chance do you know if her name is Alice?

Who the f is Alice - smokie
    sorry, had to @warnniklz (by the way, hope those hikers stayed out of your goat area for the rest of the trip!)