Has never been to BC interior and wants to chase dogs instead of deer
    Amusing thanks
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Re: Cache Creek Predators

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    What a strange thread topic
    Has never been to BC interior and wants to chase dogs instead of deer
    Amusing thanks
    Thanks for your input. I got 6 deer (Island and QC) and a bear last year so hoping to try something different. We'll of course be watching for 4 point during the early season as ours doesn't open till the 10th on the island. My 11 year old son is looking forward to doing some calling.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    why not go to one of the mus that 4 point is open?
    Thanks, we're doing that too. We did the same 2 years ago in a different spot, no luck but had a great trip.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

You can pretty much hunt anywhere in the 3 MUs you mentioned and find coyotes/wolves to hunt, Ive seen and shot both out by Bonaparte Lake just to mention a place, get yourself an Electronic caller as they work really well and I have called both Wolves and Coyotes in with one.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    You can pretty much hunt anywhere in the 3 MUs you mentioned and find coyotes/wolves to hunt, Ive seen and shot both out by Bonaparte Lake just to mention a place, get yourself an Electronic caller as they work really well and I have called both Wolves and Coyotes in with one.
    Thanks, I just got a foxpro inferno, decoy attachment, extra foxpro speaker, 4 cases of enerloop rechargeables. and have an alpha dog and wobblin' rabbit as a backup. Lol, this might be the most expensive coyote taken in BC this year.

Edit: not an inferno, I have a fusion.
    Last edited by IslandWanderer; 08-11-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Bonaparte sounds great. Also hoping to road hunt for a black bear that's a different colour (brownish) if we're lucky. Have you seen any around those MU's?

There are 3 gates in that general area that I’ve come across, although I can only recall the one into Brown Creek(S of Red Creek Ranch). Not a great hindrance, as there’s lots of country to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by CranePete View Post
    There are 3 gates in that general area that I’ve come across, although I can only recall the one into Brown Creek(S of Red Creek Ranch). Not a great hindrance, as there’s lots of country to explore.
    Thanks, I'm looking forward to being able to explore some new country. Nearest huntable crown land from my house is 1.5 hours drive.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Thanks, that's great to hear. We'll check those spots out. We're staying in Cache Creek for 5 nights, so hoping to at least get a coyote. My taxidermist is going to do a 1/2 mount if we're successful. Looks like wolf is open too.
    If you are able to, try to get one of those Fox calls, heard people use them all the time to attract them?
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

You should stay on the island.