Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cache Creek Predators

Cache Creek Predators

Hi guys, planning to take my son hunting for wolf, coyote, and bear the first week of September before school starts. Probably stay in Cache Creek and hunt 3-29, 3-30, 3-31, etc.

Looks like there's a tonne of roads to cruise and then go for hikes. We've never been out that way, is it a good place to go hunting for predators? Is it crown land for the most part?
    Cheers

John
    When in doubt, just pin it.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cache Creek Predators

You just mentioned hundreds of square kilometres, all of them hold preditors, just get in the woods and find sign!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    You just mentioned hundreds of square kilometres, all of them hold preditors, just get in the woods and find sign!
    Sounds good. I live on the south island, so I'm used to gates and very little crown land. I guess what I'm asking is it gated off, and are there some animals? Satellite imagery looks like the trees are a bit sparse in that part of the world.

Down in the valleys less trees more open, Coyote country. Higher up lots of trees. Very few gates in the interior except for private property ie ranches etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 4 point View Post
    Down in the valleys less trees more open, Coyote country. Higher up lots of trees. Very few gates in the interior except for private property ie ranches etc.
    Much appreciated. We're looking to learn about new areas and types of terrain. I'm so used to hunting on the coast that the interior landscapes seems really unfamiliar.

Road closures still in place due to Elephant Hill fires?

why not go to one of the mus that 4 point is open?

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    Sounds good. I live on the south island, so I'm used to gates and very little crown land. I guess what I'm asking is it gated off, and are there some animals? Satellite imagery looks like the trees are a bit sparse in that part of the world.

Pretty rare to find a gate to be honest, lots of preds around Boneparte Lake, lots of roads and deactivations, Deadman valley is another good spot! I’ve never hunted the island so I don’t relate to the gate thing, but you’ll have plenty of space to roam...
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by CranePete View Post
    Road closures still in place due to Elephant Hill fires?
    Pretty sure they extended the atv closure area this year

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Pretty rare to find a gate to be honest, lots of preds around Boneparte Lake, lots of roads and deactivations, Deadman valley is another good spot! I’ve never hunted the island so I don’t relate to the gate thing, but you’ll have plenty of space to roam...
    Thanks, that's great to hear. We'll check those spots out. We're staying in Cache Creek for 5 nights, so hoping to at least get a coyote. My taxidermist is going to do a 1/2 mount if we're successful. Looks like wolf is open too.