Thread: Wall tent wood stove

Wall tent wood stove

Does anyone have experience using the Cabelas Camp Chef wall te t stove in a 12 x 14 tent? Are there any other places to buy a different one? I would like to buy one with a flat top. Thanks
    Resident Hunter

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wall tent wood stove

That cabelas stove is a great!

I used this stove last year in my 10x12 Deluxe wall tent. It was more than enough to heat my tent and wouldnt hesitate to use it in a 12x14.

We found we could get through most of the night if we had a good coal bed to start and loaded it full with the door damper closed. We played with the damper on the stove pipe, easily burned through the night but found the creosote build up/drip to be and issue so we just ran with the stove damper almost fully open

If you use your stove pipe upside down, all the creosote flows into the stove and get reburned.

Thanks guys
    Resident Hunter

The stoves are quite good, but applying some stove rope to insure a tight door seal is worth the effort. You can buy it at R E MacDonald on Fraser Hwy.

I've heard nothing but good things about the camp chef. My friend has one in a 10x12. You have to ventilate with cool air because it gets too hot. It has a flat top.
    Last edited by MB73; 08-11-2020 at 06:02 PM.

I use one in a 10x12. It wasn’t very air tight so I welded and filed a bead on the air intake and properly sealed the door which basically doubled burn time. My tent is a side dump so to combat the creosote dripping I used adjustable elbows to always give the pipe some slope; seems to run back into the stove just fine.

If you’re looking for one I have a friend that may be interested in selling. Upgraded to a bigger stove for the 14x16 and the camp chef is just sitting around. Send a PM if you’re interested.

Brad

good info guys. Thank you
    Resident Hunter