Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I forgot....

Re: I forgot....

Oh, one year for spring bear we decided to bring along one of those portable car garages along instead of the wall tent. It was the type that had a separate roof. Anyways, we build out the roof and go to grab the poles for the walls...and realized we forgot them. So we staked the roof down and crawled under it to sleep.

A buddy of mine went on a 3 person/3 day goat hunt. After driving for 4 hrs and getting ready to hike realized he forgot his hiking boots. Only thing he had was the pointy toe, wood sole cowboy boots he was wearing. Had a successful trip goat wise and my buddy never took his boots of the whole trip knowing he'd never get them back on. Once back to vehicles at end of trip he had to cut his boots off with a knife.

Haven't seen this one yet......

15 years ago drove from Vancouver Island to Cranbrook, pull into Walmart to grab tags and food before heading to Elk camp......as the Old man and me were walking through the parking lot, I stopped and almost fainted. Left my Hunters ID card on the table at home.

Fortunately Cranbrook had an early opening Front Counter BC or whatever it was called and got a new Card, grabbed some tags and off to camp we went. That could of turned out worse lol

Once left bolt at home always sits in the case needless to say I hit chiliwack and 200k later I was back on a service road long story short bolt now goes in rifle before I leave .. had a partner forget his clip once lucky we both shoot .300 it happends all the time nowdays we definetly double check gear before hitting the road all just lessons learned

I have forgotten ALOT of pizzas and coffees on my roof before. and ummmm I forgot
    Shhhhitttt I got this hold my beer

Bolts for rifles , at least once. Clip for .22. The key for for the new truck spare wasnt there so I too had to cut the cable with the Gerber tool. Buddy forgot his Liscense and tags in Cranbrook when he came out hunting in the Ok. Binocs , cameras. Forgot my bowstring release once , but got my bear using my fingers (he was only at 15 yards anyway).
    Grandpa used to say, "ya know, when you point your finger at someone , three of your fingers are pointed back at you."

Forgot my boots once (day trip) Said screw it, if I don’t make this hike now I will just find another excuse next time. Glad I braved the snow and slopes in street shoes, found a new spot and some great deer sheds

Last year I forgot my binoculars on a short weekend hunt. I hunted the first day substituting with my spotting scope
    Thankfully my aunt lent me her binoculars for the second day. It was that morning that I released what I already knew. Life is to short for shitty binoculars. I gave her my old ones so she didn't need to suffer any longer and to return the favor.

When a buddy of mine and myself went for a weekend hunt outside of Quesnell the cooler full of food wasn’t put in, we couldn’t afford to by all new food plus a cooler so we hit Burger King and bought 20 whopper juniors.. actually worked well when your 18
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

I recently forgot tent poles. didn't realize until we were sitting in a random cabin we found on the mountain (where we ened up sleeping lol). I'm new to BC ill learn one day ! Also forgot my trigger lock on my shotgun, obviously didn't realize until i hiked 30 minutes in my waders then finally uncovered my gun.