Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I forgot....

I forgot....

So the wife and I wanted to get out of town and we went camping on the long weekend. got all loaded up, packed the truck, braved the shitty traffic. half way up the coquihalla i realize that we have no air mattress/sleeping pads and no camp stove. dang it! and those are fairly important items on my car camping list. wal-mart saved the day, but we got lucky it wasn't closed yet.

now i'm going through my hunting gear and getting organized for the fall. made me wonder if anyone has some funny, "i forgot..." hunting stories.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: I forgot....

Forgot coffee one time and felt like I couldn't wake up the whole trip despite drinking copious amounts of black tea.

Quit coffee a long time ago and now only drink black tea in the morning only while hunting but that affects me to the point now that I think it gives me high blood pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by upperleftcoaster View Post
    So the wife and I wanted to get out of town and we went camping on the long weekend. got all loaded up, packed the truck, braved the shitty traffic. half way up the coquihalla i realize that we have no air mattress/sleeping pads and no camp stove. dang it! and those are fairly important items on my car camping list. wal-mart saved the day, but we got lucky it wasn't closed yet.

now i'm going through my hunting gear and getting organized for the fall. made me wonder if anyone has some funny, "i forgot..." hunting stories.
    not exactly hunting related but I one time drove up to the Victoria f&g club to sight a few rifles in. Got there, got all setup, first rifle is on the bag and hmmm somethings missing. Bolt isn’t there. Check my bag, nope still can’t find it. Ok, put the rifle back in the case and put the next one on the bag. Same thing. Wtf?? Drive home and both bolts are sitting on my work bench from when I was cleaning the guns.

Had to hunt in runners a time or two.
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

I spent August Long on a mountain with no fire starter and no bug spray... no house, mr. noodle or coffee for me that trip.

Forgot boots once too. Chucks are pretty nice for archery hunting... if you can avoid ice.

This right here made me laugh:
    Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    I was loading the truck for a camping trip when the wife came in the garage and asked if ive got the propane, my response was " what kind of idiot do you think I am?" Got to the spot camp was mostly set up and I realized there was no propane lol
    Last edited by warnniklz; 08-11-2020 at 05:23 PM.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Forgot my Leica binoculars on a two week trip once, pouted the whole time..............Still got our Elk and Deer !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Hiked into my favourite WT spot, target buck started walking across the field right towards me couldn't believe it, go to connect my release to my bow and "NO REALSE" forgot the darn thing in the truck so frustrated attempted a shot with my fingers but couldn't get set in time for him to walk away forever, never seen him again after that failure!!!

my knife for skinning a deer......
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the the most intelligent , it is the one most adaptable to change"

Sleeping bags in October. Brrr

I don't have any "forgot" stories.
    And if I did, I probably forgot.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach