Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I forgot....

Re: I forgot....

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Forgot my Leica binoculars on a two week trip once, pouted the whole time..............Still got our Elk and Deer !

LOL Good thing you don't have a CLIP-MAG rifle ! RJ

"Forgot" the spoons one time...carved a lame replacement out of a stick and sliced my thumb open in the process, that was the only blood I spilled in those hills on that trip. When we got home I ended up finding them at the bottom of my backpack, never actually did forget them, just misplaced them but the memory of the wooden spoon will make both of us chuckle for years to come.

"You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Stove pipe for the wall tent stove once

Poles for the interior frame of the wall tent another time...
    Both times we were close enough to a town or my house that it wasn't too serious
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

I forgot the unthinkable a few years ago, got a few hours away from home, headed on a weekend solo goat hunt. Once I hit gravel I figured I better get my rifle ready incase I crossed a wolf on the road.... yeah, no rifle. Luckily it was only a few hour backtrack.

The year I harvested my ram (solo), I’d forgotten my range finder, that proved to make things difficult, but still doable thankfully.

[QUOTE=Darksith;2191653]Stove pipe for the wall tent stove once

Hard to DO with out the stove pipe ! RJ

Was headed out with Tarpman for a day of fishing and realized I forgot the coleman stove. Within a few minutes of realizing this we passed by a garage sale and lo and behold they had one for sale. What timing.

Lap
    "For the man who can, not once by accident, but again and again, as a regular thing, single-handed, find and kill his black-tail, has shown that he is no mere novice in his art; still-hunting the black-tail is a sport that only the skilful can follow with good results." Theodore Roosevelt (1858–1919). Hunting Trips of a Ranchman. 1885.

I'm not sure if this one counts, but another time I somehow went hunting for an entire day without realizing my trigger lock was still on my rifle.

This thread is hilarious and just reminds me of all the things my husband forgets! He forgets an item or two so consistently that our hunting buddy is going to make a bin of spares especially for him! Most commonly the important things like boots, a jacket, belt or the GPS. He has had more than one camping or hunting trip with plastic bags over his socks inside running shoes. My father in law scoffed when I made a master list for our annual 2.5 week fall hunting trips but i'm the one who has all my gear and is laughing when they forget stuff.

I’m waiting for my buddy to chime in. If he doesn’t, I’ll have to rat him out! Hahaha!

On one incident it was “partially” my fault. We were taking my truck for that trip and he dropped off some of his gear at my place the day before. Instead of taking two rifle cases I figured I’d save space and put both our rifles in my double case. Around Chilliwack after leaving the LMD, I tell him about the great space saving idea I had. He tells me “So you grabbed my bolt that was under the foam in my case right?”. My wife wasn’t impressed when I asked her to meet us in Chilliwack! Could have been further out I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by DarekG View Post
    I'm not sure if this one counts, but another time I somehow went hunting for an entire day without realizing my trigger lock was still on my rifle.
    Sorry but Thats JUST downright DUMB ! RJ