Thread: Fishing code of conduct being finalized for Haida Gwaii

Exclamation Fishing code of conduct being finalized for Haida Gwaii

The code was developed by a trilateral group consisting of the Council of the Haida Nation, the B.C. Ministry of Environment and Climate Change and Fisheries and Oceans Canada. The group is now seeking final review and feedback from SFAC members.

Included in the document are codes to “take only what you need,” avoid unnecessary harm to untargeted species, refrain from targeting the largest fish and ending catch-and-release practices.

“The Haida Nation does not support using catch-and-release to fish for entertainment,” the draft code reads. “To play with food is considered an unethical practice. This position follows thousands of years of practicing sustainable fishing as a way of life.”

https://www.interior-news.com/news/f...r-haida-gwaii/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

2. Site Sponsor

Thumbs up Re: Fishing code of conduct being finalized for Haida Gwaii

Hyprocrisy Re-defined

Where does it end? The business of playing with our food is wearing thin. Have any of the Haida been to Witset on the Bulkley to witness the abuse steelhead (and sockeye and coho) are subjected to courtesy of their Wet’suwet’en neighbours whom we pay handsomely to conduct what is sold as stock assessment? Why aren’t the Haida recommending all those regulations pertaining to FN fisheries along the Fraser (i.e catch and release for gill net caught specimens of multiple endangered species) be replaced by closures? After all, the recreational fisheries are closed. Why is conservation applicable to one user group but not another?

When are we going to see the governments we elected stand up and represent all of us instead of conferring special status to a minority who don’t own public resources? Enough is enough!

http://steelheadvoices.com/?p=2300
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Fishing code of conduct being finalized for Haida Gwaii

The day I give a shit what the haida nation wants......gone be a loooooog time.
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

The Goverments won't be satisfied until they give complete control of all our resources to 3 percent of the population
    It won't be over till it's all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by RE1960 View Post
    The Goverments won't be satisfied until they give complete control of all our resources to 3 percent of the population
    It won't be over till it's all gone.
    But who and what the FAK voted for this current shit storm ?
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......