Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silnylon Tarp Size Recommendation

Silnylon Tarp Size Recommendation

Pretty simple question but do folks have a preference for a silnylon tarp size? I'm thinking of picking one up to keep in my pack for when it rains and I'm out glassing or sitting. Seems 8x10 or 10x10 are the more common sizes. It would be for two people as I have a younger son who is now coming with me on hunts.

2. Site Sponsor

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Re: Silnylon Tarp Size Recommendation

We used 7'x10' siltarps, one each for our fly in sheep hunt, we put them together to make an over night tent once, worked ok, could have been a hair bigger but good enough to sleep for the night, I used it to keep dry in a few surprise rain squalls when out hiking for the day.

Theres a guy in Comox that sells them EBAY.CA

Username gearoutherecanada
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    We used 7'x10' siltarps, one each for our fly in sheep hunt, we put them together to make an over night tent once, worked ok, could have been a hair bigger but good enough to sleep for the night, I used it to keep dry in a few surprise rain squalls when out hiking for the day.

Theres a guy in Comox that sells them EBAY.CA

Username gearoutherecanada
    i just ordered the last 10x7’ guide model he had on eBay. The aqua quest website says they’re a company from courtenay for the last 25 years, but I’ve never heard of them.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

You can also buy the aquaquest tarps on Amazon.

Rob, you are very tall and will need more coverage than an average guy, IMHO. I have several of these in various sizes and MUCH prefer the 10x12 dimensions which keep my ancient azz dry.

Definitely don’t skimp on size. I’m 6’5” and need some extra coverage when the weather comes at you sideways. And you know it will.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Im looking at the 10x10 from Lite Outdoors from AB but have read some good reviews about the Aqua Quest tarps. I'll check them out too. The pitch options with the 10x10 seem easier/better than 8x10 as well. Much appreciated everyone!
    Last edited by Beaver Skin; 08-09-2020 at 10:40 AM.

Both Lite Outdoors and Aqua Quest are Canadian companies...good! Anyone have positive or negative experiences with either? Leaning towards Aquaquest now...

Damn. I just ordered a seek outside dst a couple days ago. Would've been nice to support cdn.

The Aqua Quest dry bags look pretty sweet. And reasonably priced. I'm think a couple of those are going to find their way into my pack soon.

Joel