Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PAL Processing Time

PAL Processing Time

Hi all,

I applied for my renewal back in Feb 2020, the website said it finished initial processing on 02-22-2020.

I have called numerous times but they just keep telling me the file is with the officer and they don't know when they will be done.

Hunting season is almost here and my license expires mid- August, do i have any other options to expedite or find out whats going on?

My friend applied for his renewal on July 11 and he already got his yesterday...

Any one else in the same boat?

Cheers!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: PAL Processing Time

Hello, my son is in the same boat....he followed up on Wednesday and was told he should have his card in two weeks..fingers crossed.

Msg he received:

Re: Application Status

Your application was approved on July 13, 2020. Currently there are delays in the production of the physical licence cards due to unforseen limitations necessitated by COVID-19, however the card should arrive within the next 2 weeks.

Thank you for your patience.

Mak

I sent my application in on july 22 and received my pal in the mail on Aug 4. Hopefully yours comes real fast.

I feel like having restricted class is adding delay...

Put mine in the mail June 4th and received it mid July!

Mine was 51 days in the mail from New Brunswick.

Mine came today. Issued June 19,2020. Looks like mine was in the mail 2 days less than operator jon's! Will new in the winter next time, sled dogs got to be faster than pony express.

I renewed in March, waited until June to call. They said I should of had it by then. So I asked them to reprint it and mail it. It came in 2 weeks after I requested that.

Quote Originally Posted by bangbangkhan View Post
    Hi all,

I applied for my renewal back in Feb 2020, the website said it finished initial processing on 02-22-2020.

I have called numerous times but they just keep telling me the file is with the officer and they don't know when they will be done.

Hunting season is almost here and my license expires mid- August, do i have any other options to expedite or find out whats going on?

My friend applied for his renewal on July 11 and he already got his yesterday...

Any one else in the same boat?

Cheers!
    You should try to contact the Regional Firearms Officer. Sometimes if they find something of concern, it goes to the bottom of the pile. Had this happen to me many years ago. There had been a murder with a firearm within 5 miles of where I lived. The police drew a 5 mile wide circle on a map from the murder scene and put everyone they knew owned firearms on it as suspects. The murder was eventually solved, but the list remained. I only know this because I used to hunt with a police officer. He inquired on my behalf, and quickly there after my PAL was issued and my name was removed from the list. Any number of things can hold up the process. I would inquire nicely and be persistant.

Quote Originally Posted by VLD43 View Post
    You should try to contact the Regional Firearms Officer. Sometimes if they find something of concern, it goes to the bottom of the pile. Had this happen to me many years ago. There had been a murder with a firearm within 5 miles of where I lived. The police drew a 5 mile wide circle on a map from the murder scene and put everyone they knew owned firearms on it as suspects. The murder was eventually solved, but the list remained. I only know this because I used to hunt with a police officer. He inquired on my behalf, and quickly there after my PAL was issued and my name was removed from the list. Any number of things can hold up the process. I would inquire nicely and be persistant.
    Thanks! Gonna call the BC office Monday.