I was pulled over a few years back by a Mountie on my TW200 with a Kolpin mounted on the back. I was driving out of town and a concerned citizen called the police. I happened to pass an officer so he turned around and pulled me over, and the concerned citizen pulled in behind him. Before he even got to me the lady was out of her car and pointing to the gun scabbard on my bike and waving her arm around. The officer directed her to return to her vehicle and he said he would check me out. He walked up to me and rolling his eyes and smiling asked me if I knew why I was being pulled over. I just chuckled and said I figured it was because I had a gun scabbard on my bike to which he replied yup. I asked him if having a firearm with me was an issues and he said no, unless it is loaded. He asked me to pop the case open and then he asked me to pull the rifle partially out and work the bolt. I did as asked and he said perfect. I asked if he wanted to see my PAL and he said if you have it handy, for appearances sake. Again, no issue. I asked him if he would have pulled me over if he had just seen the scabbard and no one had called in an issue. He said no. His reasoning was that if I wanted to hide a firearm I'd probably not be trying to do it in a gun scabbard attached to a motorbike. We chatted for a couple minutes then he said have a good day and wished me luck. I watched him go back to the lady in the car and explain that I was totally legal and that there were no issues. I pulled away with her still arguing with the officer. That is the only time I was ever pulled over on my bike and I used it with the gun scabbard attached all the time. The scabbard stayed on all fall and I even drove it down town empty like that when I was doing errands.

I say stick it on and go have fun. You are totally legal as long as the gun is not loaded. Nothing else is required.