Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transporting a rifle on a motorbike on public roads, legalities?

Re: Transporting a rifle on a motorbike on public roads, legalities?

Quote Originally Posted by kolofardos View Post
    Trigger lock is not required legally.
    Yeah, I know.

Im still waitin to see where he puts the deer,,lol

I understand that not having trigger locks may possibly cause a delay from an officer that doesn't know the laws, but I believe that gun owners shouldn't use them. Our rights are being eroded continuously and complying with something which isn't a law, solely from the fear of getting hassled, will make it easier for the gun grabbers to make trigger laws during transport a requirement. Don't make it easy on those that want to curtail your rights.
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because you agree with it"
    -Abraham Lincoln

You are making the gun carry laws to complicated on yourself. You will feel just great if you see your record buck as you are getting off of your mod of transportation. I believe it will be classified at an ATV and in some zones there are time restrictions so check the zones you are in or are going threw.

Put it in the case with no trigger lock, and bolt in. Unloaded of course. Lock case. Put key for lock on your motorbike keys so it’s always with you when you are on the bike. Legally, you don’t even need to lock the case, but I would do it anyway.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

Hint - Print out a copy of the RCMP Brochure on transporting non-restricted firearms and keep it with you so you can show it to the cop when she stops you... I carry a copy in my truck at all times.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Throw it in a soft guitarcase if you want to draw the least attention.

I used to ride my enduro between Lions Bay and mid way to Whistler with my 10/22 in a soft case tucked in next to me quite regularly during the late 80s to go fishing and grouse hunting in the Starvation Lake area. Never had a problem, and it never occurred to me that I would. No one even gave me a second glance, but a lot has changed in that time with who uses that corridor.

I wonder if things have changed.... if I did the same thing today, what would the outcome be?

NH3
    NFA, CCFR, BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    LEGALLY you can unload it and sling it over your shoulder and drive down the road with a non restricted firearm, as long as you are in control of the muzzle to ensure it never points at someone. This will draw police attention of course, but it’s legal transport.

So what you propose is legal as well. Although it may be easier to use a backpack with a rifle scabbard.
    This^^^here

Quote Originally Posted by Night Hawk 3 View Post
    I used to ride my enduro between Lions Bay and mid way to Whistler with my 10/22 in a soft case tucked in next to me quite regularly during the late 80s to go fishing and grouse hunting in the Starvation Lake area. Never had a problem, and it never occurred to me that I would. No one even gave me a second glance, but a lot has changed in that time with who uses that corridor.

I wonder if things have changed.... if I did the same thing today, what would the outcome be?

NH3
    I don’t think anyone drives slow enough on that section to pay enough attention.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.