Thread: Any BUll draw in 4-24

Any BUll draw in 4-24

I have been waiting on a moose draw for 15 years and finally my luck has come thru.My son and I drew a shared hunt.The opening is on Oct 15.Looking for a camping spot for a wall tent and any info I can get.I am going with my friend that has hunted up there before but it has been a few years.We will have a quad and don't mind hiking the valleys.Any info would be appreciated and I don't mind giving info on blacktail hunting on the island pm me if you feel like it. thanks Mark

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Any BUll draw in 4-24

lots of places to camp what dates are you coming up

PM sent to you Inbox

Quote Originally Posted by VI Blacktails View Post
    I have been waiting on a moose draw for 15 years and finally my luck has come thru.My son and I drew a shared hunt.The opening is on Oct 15.Looking for a camping spot for a wall tent and any info I can get.I am going with my friend that has hunted up there before but it has been a few years.We will have a quad and don't mind hiking the valleys.Any info would be appreciated and I don't mind giving info on blacktail hunting on the island pm me if you feel like it. thanks Mark
    If I am correct, you can go earlier, BUT, with bow!
    And, if I can give you 2 bits, I see more bulls at the end of Sept, already chasing cows and being "really stupid" and walking in to calls, even elk calls.
    I have found that many times we get them in to 10 yards, but sadly, never get the tag (like u say 15 years u have tried).
    So, something to think about if you want.
    FYI, we hunt beyond road closures on foot, spend all day out on foot, but we have plenty of Moose around us by hunting that way.
    good luck

Thanks for the advice we don't mind walking and our draw starts on the 15 of October (will be there for opening day)

Quote Originally Posted by VI Blacktails View Post
    Thanks for the advice we don't mind walking and our draw starts on the 15 of October (will be there for opening day)

Look at the synopsis, I believe you can bow hunt from Sep 1 to Oct 14. Page 8 of the synopsis..
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Private pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Look at the synopsis, I believe you can bow hunt from Sep 1 to Oct 14. Page 8 of the synopsis..
    Yup, I missed the little (*) symbol, where it says you can hunt, but with bow from Sept 1 til Oct 14, THEN, you can use RIFLE.
    (now, I haven't looked if 4-24 has the *, but check to see)
    Only reason I say it, is the opportunity to find a bull, call in a bull, seems to be much better late Sept, from my experiences.
    The bulls, all the bulls, seem ready to come in to check things out.
    Yes, the mating may occur in October, but it is always better to find a bull who is looking already, rather then one that has it's
    cows...imo.

Yes you can hunt 4-24 with a bow from September 1st to October 14th
    my 10 year old son has the same draw as well.