Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Best binoculars in the $500-800 range? Nikon monarch 7? Vortex viper hd?

Re: Best binoculars in the $500-800 range? Nikon monarch 7? Vortex viper hd?

I was just at bass pro and tried out vortex viper, monarch 7 and the leupold bx4. I found the monarch and viper very similar with the viper slightly brighter and crisper, but the bx4 was hands down far better than either of those. I’m wishing I would’ve tried out the Zeiss they had on sale for 1169.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Leupold QUALITY ! RJ

I’ll mention one more thing. The guy behind the counter said Nikon was getting out of selling optics(I don’t know if there’s any truth to that) and he was pushing the vortex pretty hard.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    I’ll mention one more thing. The guy behind the counter said Nikon was getting out of selling optics(I don’t know if there’s any truth to that) and he was pushing the vortex pretty hard.
    Just Discontinued the Scope Business as far as i know ! RJ

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Just Discontinued the Scope Business as far as i know ! RJ
    Thats what I heard as they were just discontinuing the rifle scope line of optics.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

I went back to cabelas and checked out the Zeiss they had on sale, but I think the leupold bx4 were still it for me.

I ended up leaving with a razor spotting scope, only because it was in the bargain cave and missing the cover. For 1589 I couldn’t turn it down.

In the end I kept the BX-4’s. To my eyes they were the best out of the three (monarch 7’s, vipers and the leupold...) for that price range I think they have the best glass, made in Japan rather than China, and just sharper and brighter.

Glad you got what look the best for your eyes.

Figure out what you want then hit them up on Black Friday. Or do what I did for my Yamaha 2.5 I just bought. Went to the store and said I will give you 1200 cash and 8 adult cookies and you can pay the taxes. They took the money and cookies. I got a new Yamaha and never paid sales tax....