Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Best binoculars in the $500-800 range? Nikon monarch 7? Vortex viper hd?

Re: Best binoculars in the $500-800 range? Nikon monarch 7? Vortex viper hd?

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Thats a great price as I see the cheapest ones online in US dollars is over $850 usd, which is roughly $1200cdn.

Sounds about right. Think I paid $1250 for mine 5 years ago. Have since found a set of used EL range that I couldn’t pass up. Still use the razors quite a bit or the girlfriend packs them.

Talk about making ignorant comments....since they’re made in Portugal I guess they are junk right ?

You should do your research before commenting, Both my original sets of 2nd generation Trinovids BN/BA models were made in Germany, the newer models are made in Portugal, some of the first generation of Trinovids were also made in Portugal but most were made in Germany.

I have owned several sets of the latest models of Leica Trinovid HDs and the Zeiss Conquest HDs and have used them side by side in the field, both are fantastic glass for the money, not to mention the quality within.

I see just about every optic manufacturer gets their lenses out of Japan or China does that mean your Nikon’s aren’t worth owning ? by the way most Nikons are made in China !

Its like saying those Swarovskis are not worth owning either as they’re made in Austria ....?

Your comments have more of a racist overtone than someone that knows what there talking about.

Do yourself a favour and give Omer a call at Precision Optics and pick his brain, as I’m pretty sure he is one of a few that handle more lines of optics than most people in Canada, he will give you an honest and very experienced opinion of optics, he not only sells them he uses them hunting.
    Ok, since we are going to be rude ... do you even hunt? You dont need $3000 binoculars to not kill any animals. My honest opinion: you're just a gear collector.

I own Portuguese made Leica products. I've had their range finder for several years now that is made in Portugal. It has nothing to do with who is making them, other than to point out it's their second-tier as their elite lines are still made in Germany.

I also pointed out earlier I own Nikon and vortex made in Japan and China, respectively, so your comment about my post having anything to do with racism is ridiculous and shows that you cant even read.

If I was a fellow gear collector I might have the time to call a busy store owner and pester with my questions, but I'm not and I wont.

twoSeveno: Ok, since we are going to be rude ... do you even hunt? You dont need $3000 binoculars to not kill any animals. My honest opinion: you're just a gear collector.

WOW ! Really Cheap !
    RJ

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Ok, since we are going to be rude ... do you even hunt? You dont need $3000 binoculars to not kill any animals. My honest opinion: you're just a gear collector.

I own Portuguese made Leica products. I've had their range finder for several years now that is made in Portugal. It has nothing to do with who is making them, other than to point out it's their second-tier as their elite lines are still made in Germany.

I also pointed out earlier I own Nikon and vortex made in Japan and China, respectively, so your comment about my post having anything to do with racism is ridiculous and shows that you cant even read.

If I was a fellow gear collector I might have the time to call a busy store owner and pester with my questions, but I'm not and I wont.
    Your right I am a gear junkie, I hate not knowing about gear as I like to evaluate that stuff in person so I don't make uneducated comments, but thats where it ends thinking you know anything about me and how much hunting I do,

from your comments on this thread like your below quote basically insults anyone with an opinion on HBC that doesn't fall in line with your thinking on gear/optics, from what Ive seen on this site is the knowledge base when it comes to gear for hunting in BC is amazing and some of those old farts you insuted probably have put in years of time/miles using that gear, maybe be careful who you insult is all Im saying.

QUOTE=twoSevenO;2191676]The ignorance on this site when it comes to gear is astonishing.

If you use Swaro and Zeiss and Leica, and only those 3 then how do you know Nikon or Vortex sucks?

A new vortex bino is probably head and shoulders ahead of that Swaro you bought brand new in 1992.

Some of you old farts have eyes that couldn't even tell the difference between a $3000 swarovski or a $1500 vortex but continuously bash brands you don't even use.

I wonder just how many of the bashers even hunt and how many are nothing but gear collectors that have expensive binoculars and use them like twice per year.
    Lol[/QUOTE]
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

"Your comments have more of a racist overtone than someone that knows what there talking about"

Wtf? Not sure why anyone would think that in this thread. Lots of companies produce inferior products in different countries than their premium lines. It's called running a business.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    "Your comments have more of a racist overtone than someone that knows what there talking about"

Wtf? Not sure why anyone would think that in this thread. Lots of companies produce inferior products in different countries than their premium lines. It's called running a business.
    Thats my point exactly, Leica has plants in Germany and Portugal, Vortex has plants in China, Philippines and Japan, Nikon has plants in Japan and China, as you say its called running a business as it may be labour cost based and or deflection of duty costs.

It doesn't matter where they are made what matters is the quality control of those products being made, and Im sure this is or was the intent of twosevenO's comment when he mentioned Portugal so my racist overtone comment was probably out of line.
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 08-19-2020 at 09:44 AM.

Don, why even bother, I think the ''green eyed monster'' is hard at work here and such gibes and attitudes are best ignored.

Thats my point exactly, Leica has plants in Germany and Portugal, Vortex has plants in China, Philippines and Japan, Nikon has plants in Japan and China, as you say its called running a business as it may may be labour cost based or and or deflection of duty costs.

It doesn't matter where they are made what matters is the quality control of those products being made, and Im sure this is or was the intent of twosevenO's comment when he mentioned Portugal so my racist overtone comment was probably out of line.
    Your points are definitely correct.

Tried some Zeiss conquests and wow, they were real nice. Had them in the store with the vipers and monarch 7’s and the conquest blew them all away, but I guess they should for twice the money... still waiting for the leupold bx-4 hd’s I ordered though, hoping they are close to those conquests, might be wishful thinking though, I heard good things so fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Tree View Post
    Tried some Zeiss conquests and wow, they were real nice. Had them in the store with the vipers and monarch 7’s and the conquest blew them all away, but I guess they should for twice the money... still waiting for the leupold bx-4 hd’s I ordered though, hoping they are close to those conquests, might be wishful thinking though, I heard good things so fingers crossed.
    In my opinion the Zeiss Conquest HD and the Leica Triniovid HD are some of the best glass for the money, the Meopta HD's are also in that group but cost less,

I have a pair of Leica Noctovid's 10x42 ($3800) and last year my daughters boyfriend and I compared them to the Zeiss Conquests 10x42 ($1300) and I certainly couldn't justify the cost difference or being $2500 better, the eyecup construction seemed better on the Noctovids but that was about it, first and last light performance was about equal, the Conquests had a sharper clarity while the Noctovids seemed to have a softer clarity to my eyes.
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 08-19-2020 at 09:28 AM.