Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best binoculars in the $500-800 range? Nikon monarch 7? Vortex viper hd?

Best binoculars in the $500-800 range? Nikon monarch 7? Vortex viper hd?

Looking to upgrade from some 12 year old monarchs, have 8x42 but considering 10x42. Anyone have any other recommendations or good/bad experiences? Do I need to spend more? $800 texes in seems like my upper budget limit.
    thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Best binoculars in the $500-800 range? Nikon monarch 7? Vortex viper hd?

Monarchs would still be my best bet for quality glass in that price range

This spring I upgraded my binos from Vortex Diamondbacks 10x42 to the Nikon Monarch 7 10x42. I am very pleased with my purchase. I had originally intended to go for the Vortex Vipers, but then changed my mind when the Monarchs came on sale. I do not regret making this decision.
    I use my binos almost everyday for work, hunting and birding. The Nikons are very durable, comfortable and the glass is crisp and clean, even at low light.
    my wife has the Monarch 5 8x42. These are also very good binos for slightly cheap then the 7’s.
    As far as the magnification goes, it depends on what your primary use is. If you are glassing big mountain view at long distances then go with 10x, but I find in heavy timber trying to pinpoint a small bird up in the canopy a wider field of view would be helpful. 8x42 or 10x42, you can’t really go wrong and the Monarchs will treat you right. I say go for it! I’m glad I did.
    Last edited by Greenthumbed; 08-04-2020 at 06:27 AM.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

I think you will be happy with your choice.

Anybody ever use the Maven C.1?

I’ve got some Bushnell elite 10x42. Been happy with them. Thanks compared them to a few in the 4-600 price range and they were all comparable. The bushnells just fit my hands and face the best

Vipers are on sale at cabelas right now...
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Go ask London Drugs what their best sellers are, the birders are a larger market than hunters
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because you agree with it"
    -Abraham Lincoln

A binocular is among THE MOST important tools that a serious outdoorsperson can and should own. You DO NOT NEED much of the crap sold everyday to so many, fancy camo clothing is an example.

You DO NEED outstanding optics and careful planning makes the big three binos available to all. I have Leica and Zeiss binos and would never buy Nikons, etc.