Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best binoculars in the $500-800 range? Nikon monarch 7? Vortex viper hd?

Re: Best binoculars in the $500-800 range? Nikon monarch 7? Vortex viper hd?

Check into the KOWA binos... Japanese company in the optics business for over 100 years, make their own lenses and are great value for money. Their top of the line Genesis models are some of the best at any price. Check out these https://sportingoptics.kowa-usa.com/...inoculars.html Note that is US money so still within your price range. Birders know this brand as the one of the best = the big three.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Call Precision Optics in Quesnel, best people and pricing on optics anywhere,,prices are better than Cabella's,,and their knowledge is fantastic,,I buy all my optics there 250-747-1621

Vortex Viper HD would be my choice. I have been running 8x42 for the last four years and don't regret it
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by BgBlkDg View Post
    A binocular is among THE MOST important tools that a serious outdoorsperson can and should own. You DO NOT NEED much of the crap sold everyday to so many, fancy camo clothing is an example.

You DO NEED outstanding optics and careful planning makes the big three binos available to all. I have Leica and Zeiss binos and would never buy Nikons, etc.
    I don't believe those brands fall within his budget. Not everyone can afford to be so picky. I think 10x42 Nikon will do just fine. They are not cheap garbage, more like middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by WelderGuy View Post
    Call Precision Optics in Quesnel, best people and pricing on optics anywhere,,prices are better than Cabella's,,and their knowledge is fantastic,,I buy all my optics there 250-747-1621
    Omer is top-notch. Also a site sponsor he also doesn't sell Vortex products cuz he knows they let everybody down when it counts ������

hahahhaa yeah ok
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Just so we ALL remember, the OP asked about brands, not retailers! Advise on brands ok, I'm sure he's a big boy, he can find his own retailer!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

If you are looking to maximize value your best bet would be to seek a used set of optics that match your needs from someone that is upgrading to a more elite set. I have seen top quality optics for sale many times on the used market that match your budget and will get you into some fine equipment.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBob View Post
    If you are looking to maximize value your best bet would be to seek a used set of optics that match your needs from someone that is upgrading to a more elite set. I have seen top quality optics for sale many times on the used market that match your budget and will get you into some fine equipment.
    I second this. I picked up a pair of Razor HD's off here for $750 a few years ago. I have also seen Conquests on here for $800. Just need to wait for a deal to come up.

Zeiss terra ED were my first set and they were excellent until I broke them.