Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best binoculars in the $500-800 range? Nikon monarch 7? Vortex viper hd?

Re: Best binoculars in the $500-800 range? Nikon monarch 7? Vortex viper hd?

Lots of good insight here; thanks everyone for your time. I have to stick to my budget so the swaro and noctvids and all that alpha glass are out for now, unless I hold off and hunt for a second hand deal–which might be worth considering.
    I looked through the monarch 7’s and Zeiss terra ed’s today and both were bright and crisp enough (as much as you can tell in a brightly lit store...) but the focus knob on the zeiss was a weak point, rough and clunky, not smooth and silky like the Nikon. The monarchs stood out for sure, but I’ll hold off until I can try the vipers though.

Keep an eye out on sites like gunnuttz for used glass, Swaro Leica, don't buy Vort
    ex junk...
    Dana says:"That isn't me braggin', that is just me stating a fact."

I have the vortex vipers 10x42 i love them dont have any complaints but i bought my dad the nikons and kinda jealous and wish i bought them for myself aswell instead of my vipers!

Ive had a chance to use the Nikons and I was pretty impressed. My buddy uses the Vipers and he is quite happy with them.

I agree that high end optics are the better long term choice and can enhance your ability to spot and judge game . But allot of people just cant afford them or justify the cost when income is limited.

Lots of animals are spotted, judged, and ultimately hit the ground using low-mid range optics.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 08-05-2020 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Ive had a chance to use the Nikons and I was pretty impressed. My buddy uses the Vipers and he is quite happy with them.

I agree that high end optics are the better long term choice and can enhance your ability to spot and judge game . But allot of people just cant afford them or justify the cost when income is limited.

Lots of animals are spotted, judged, and ultimately hit the ground using low-mid range optics.
    Push the LIKE button... LOL

I'm very happy with my Maven c1s. Cheapest place to buy them is amazon. Think I paid right around $500. I researched for months and months and tried a bunch of different brands before finally deciding to purchase them.

Bright and clear. The eyepieces will sometimes move on you which is the only negative thing I can think of. Quite light too.

Lone Tree if you can keep putting your toonies in your wish jar and when the Nikon Monarch laserforce binoculars come on sale buy them.they come on sale a couple times a year at cabelas, I picked up a pair a couple of years ago for $1,100.00 couple of years ago, and they are definitely the best peace of hunting equipment that I've purchased to date. That being said I owned a pair of binoculars from scorpion and was more than happy with them. For the price pretty hard to beat. Imo.

Didn’t Nikon stop making rifle scopes? Sure seems anti hunting to keep making all other optics tho. I will never own anything Nikon for that reason. My .02

Go to a shop that’ll let you take a couple pairs outside at last light and see which ones you like better cause everyone’s eyes are different.

The ignorance on this site when it comes to gear is astonishing.

If you use Swaro and Zeiss and Leica, and only those 3 then how do you know Nikon or Vortex sucks?

A new vortex bino is probably head and shoulders ahead of that Swaro you bought brand new in 1992.

Some of you old farts have eyes that couldn't even tell the difference between a $3000 swarovski or a $1500 vortex but continuously bash brands you don't even use.

I wonder just how many of the bashers even hunt and how many are nothing but gear collectors that have expensive binoculars and use them like twice per year. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by cameron0518 View Post
    I don't believe those brands fall within his budget. Not everyone can afford to be so picky. I think 10x42 Nikon will do just fine. They are not cheap garbage, more like middle ground.
    "Careful planning" he said .... which usually means hunting wet and cold in walmart shoes and eating microwaved hot dogs for dinner for 3 years because he maxed out a line of credit to buy binoculars he uses 3 times a year.