Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shulaps Range Sheep Draw 3-32E

Shulaps Range Sheep Draw 3-32E

Hi All,

I got lucky and landed a draw in the Shulaps from Sept 20 to Oct 20th. I was hoping some of you might be able to point me in the right direction.

This will be my first sheep hunt and I'll be fitting trips in between university classes so any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Looks like I'll be needing a spotting scope if anyone is selling. The hunt is 3/4 curl and I've been looking around for sheep judging resources as well.

I've worked up the Bridge river before but never ventured into the Shulaps. The general consensus seems to be that the area is overrun with bikers, tourizers and angry guides. In any case, if anyone would be willing to share some insight on access and where the people arent that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance, cheers
    Last edited by misinformation; 08-02-2020 at 11:12 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Shulaps Range Sheep Draw 3-32E

Last edited by 2chodi; 08-02-2020 at 10:20 PM.

Good luck is all I can give. Look forward to the pics of success

Its a once in a lifetime draw. Recognize that and sacrifice as much as possible and more to be successful! You probably won't ever get another opportunity at a 3/4 curl which is really what most bighorns are so dont finish the season and have regrets that you didn't do enough
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

There is a horse trail a couple kilometers past 9 Mile Ridge on the left that takes you to Big Dog.
    There is sheep and grizzlies in the area, beautiful place for sure.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Dont try to fit it in between your classes. It's much more productive to go for 1 week long trip than 4 two day weekend trips.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Dont try to fit it in between your classes. It's much more productive to go for 1 week long trip than 4 two day weekend trips.
    I agree whole heartedly. Potentially do a couple weekend trips to maximize an 8 or 9 day'r later on. Ask your profs what you need to do to take a week off. I went to china for 10 days when I was in my final year. I had a great time, the world kept turning and I still finished school with honors.

2 day weekends in the Shulaps will be daunting. Its BIG country, and sheep are itty bitty teeny weeny critters.

I had the draw in 2017. It's beautiful, rugged country. I went up Jim Creek, never seen any sheep but I was pretty limited with a bum knee
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Some Pretty Country up JIM Creek in the Shulap Mountains ! RJ