Thread: Sheridan lake fishing

Sheridan lake fishing

Hello everyone!

my family just got a place up at Sheridan lake and I hear the fishing is great.

So let me begin with i am super new to fishing! I own some salmons rods but that’s about it. I don’t have any gear besides that, I plan on buying some tackle and what not next week. I have been salmon fishing in the Fraser many times years and years ago (6-7 years).

what I’m asking for help and tips in is, what type of tackle should I be looking it, can you fish at any time or should I limit it to mornings and nights? I would really like to get into fishing, I just don’t know where to start any help would be greatly appreciated!

many thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sheridan lake fishing

The store at the resort will likely be a very good resource. Also your neighbours up there will be up to date on what the locals are using.

i know a person who caught their very first fish at sheridan. 4lb rainbow. anyone regardless of skill can catch a big fish there.

Hmm fished there for 20 years..this past July caught a few..biggest being just over 5 pounds.
    from ice off..shallows 15..18 feet chronomid. .or drag a leech over the drop offs..or when it gets hot..fish go deep. .25...40 feet..long leaders. .100 feet. .lead core line or down riggers..
    Big lake lots of areas to fish.
    Used to be big fish was 10 pounds..now 5 pounds is big..lots of fishermen..some arrive in may..stay til Oct.
    Cheers
    Steven

I grew up on that lake. Most my family is still there. The fishing is not what it was in the 80s but it still can be good.
    The advice srupp gave is spot on for that lake.

Congrats on the new cabin, good luck on the fishing. One word of advice if you are looking to get some trout outfits is to keep your eye on Craigslist, you should be able to pick up a few setups for a song, sometimes listed in the free section but always stuff on the sporting goods section. Once you figure out what works best you can then upgrade and have the CL ones to loan to visitors.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should