Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting 3-36 and surrounding mu’s

Hunting 3-36 and surrounding mu’s

Hey guys and ladies, we recently purchased a property in the St.Ives area of the Shuswap. It’s pretty close to Squilax Anglemont fsr. This property will later be our retirement place so we’re pretty happy about that. Any of you guys live and hunt and fish up in that area, how do you like it? You can pm me if you like. I’m going to put my camper on the property this fall and use it as my home base. I usually hunt in 8-15 area so it will be a bit of a change but I’ve also hunted PG area and northwest Williston Lake as well. Love to hear your thoughts, I’m looking forward to exploring the area

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting 3-36 and surrounding mu’s

You should be able to get into some great Mule deer hunting once you get to know the area, used to be decent Moose hunting too.
    Its a massive area to explore, access into every Valley, slides have probably blocked some access.
    Fishing...it will take the rest of your life to fish it all.

I grew up right across the lake in Eagle Bay. Lots of great area there to explore.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

I have a cabin in Magna Bay, haven’t explored it too much yet as we only owned it for a year now. On the back roads map it seems to have lots of access
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Man I can't wait to get out there and check it out, who doesn't love playn' in the bush. I should be able to ditch a few game cams up there in the deep woods for some entertainment as well, I love to see what comes by for a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    You should be able to get into some great Mule deer hunting once you get to know the area, used to be decent Moose hunting too.
    Its a massive area to explore, access into every Valley, slides have probably blocked some access.
    Fishing...it will take the rest of your life to fish it all.

Man what a great place to grow up. I grew up in PG for a while between the age of 8 and 14, me and my buddies had so much fun. Life was really an adventure back then.....I remember fishing little creeks with a willow pole, 6' of line with a small shot weight and a worm.....such great memories

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    I grew up right across the lake in Eagle Bay. Lots of great area there to explore.

Looks like we'll both have lots to explore. We probably have a 5 hour drive to get to our place from home but that's doable on a Friday after work for a long weekend. Enjoy learning your new area.

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    I have a cabin in Magna Bay, haven’t explored it too much yet as we only owned it for a year now. On the back roads map it seems to have lots of access

Time to drag this one back out into the light...

Did you guys do any hunting in 3-36? I think I just bought a house on 5 acres in Eagle Bay (assuming all the paper-pushers play nice). Lots of deer tracks in the yard, and a nice shooting lane up the mountain behind the house, although momma might not like me introducing myself to the neighbors like that! Oh, and yes, I know my side of the lake is 3-26.

If all goes well, I’ll be living there full time as of May 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Time to drag this one back out into the light...

Did you guys do any hunting in 3-36? I think I just bought a house on 5 acres in Eagle Bay (assuming all the paper-pushers play nice). Lots of deer tracks in the yard, and a nice shooting lane up the mountain behind the house, although momma might not like me introducing myself to the neighbors like that! Oh, and yes, I know my side of the lake is 3-26.

If all goes well, I’ll be living there full time as of May 1.
    Ha ha my neighbours are a ways away but i have been known to make some racket..

Once you learn those two mu's like any mu you will be succesful.. psst focus on whitetails and shoot moose and mule deer as a biproduct.. and shoot a bear everying spring in your deer spot..

I haven’t hunted 3-26 since I was 17, so let’s see... that was 35 years ago (ouch!). I’m not sure what is around at all these days. I’m thinking I’m going to buy a cheap-ass pickup for firewood hauling and spend some time learning the FSR network around me. I’ll put a couple of cameras out over the summer too. With the lake being on 3 sides of me, I’m guessing most of the game stays in similar areas year round? There isn’t a ton of elevation to worry about either. It might take a bit to dial right in, but I’m usually good at finding animals.

Walks with deer- do you know what the ratio of whitetail to mule is in the Sorrento or Shuswap Lake area?