Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bull draw 8-5

Bull draw 8-5

Hi everyone
    I'm new to the site but iv been following it for some time now and thought now's a good time as any to join a little back ground about me I'm a 37 year old Male living in Langley im a avid fisherman and got back into hunting about 8 years ago now I was born in quenelle and hunted a bit with my dad growing up my parents split when I was really young and I moved to the lower mainland shortly after didn't hunt for quit a long time and a good friend got me back into it about 8 years ago and I absolutely love it iv harvested a few deer and bear in that time and got a moose back in 2016 on the other side of fort st James at cripple lake well the LEH gods were on my side this year me my dad and my best friend got a bull draw in 8-5 October 1-30 this year now I know a little about the area but I'm trying my best to connect with at least one bull for my aging dad to shoot he's 86 and a double leg amputee I have everything I need including a nice little brush buggy me my dad and my best friend built a few years ago it's a 92 Suzuki sidekick 4 door 4 1/2 in suspension and 2in body lift sitting on 31in mud tires did a frame of build up not a spot of rust on it I'm just looking for a little info on the area I want to make it a trip he wont forget not sure how many more he has left in him any info or tips u guys could share about the area would be greatly appreciated if I can figer out how to post some pics I'll post a few of my buggy
    Thanks in advance

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bull draw 8-5

Welcome to the site. I do not know the area unfortunately so can't be of any help, but it is awesome that you are doing this trip with your 86 year old father. I lost my father when he was 71, but will remember his last deer kill for ever. Wishing you and your group good luck on your hunt.

Also welcome to the site. Pleasure to see someone who wants to gather great memories with their parents. I have found a few good sized moose in the Murphy Lake area in 8-5. Late Oct. early Nov. they come down off the alpine due to snow and hang out in the drainage in the area. Just don't shoot the spike fork . Pretty easy area to glass as well. Best of luck on your hunt.
    PS Custom dictates a joke on your first post.

Find a swamp start calling. Good luck you’ll get one

Check private messages

Thanks for all the warm welcome guys and ya gonna try my best to make this one for the memorie book was up there today checking some areas out that management area is huge be practicing my call since I found out we got the draw think my dog is gonna go nuts lol I'll definitely check out Murphy lake area thanks jjsacmoe I'll keep u all posted on how we do

Dose anybody know when the rut happens in that area I know it's usually at the end of September beginning of October up north

Quote Originally Posted by 300 win View Post
    Dose anybody know when the rut happens in that area I know it's usually at the end of September beginning of October up north
    You will find them starting like other places....end of September and first couple weeks of October. Do you know the area at all?

Weather there is unusual at times, can have a foot of snow in September and real warm October.

Is your draw for all of October? Is it for all or 8-05?

Big area, seen lots of moose over the years....seen some up very high!

I no the area a little and ya the weather can be unusual my draw is for the entire month

Went out scouting yesterday and spotted a bull not huge but not a spike either thanks for those who sent me private msg I'll be keeping an eye out in this area for sure and also put up a trail cam wheres theres one there be more I'm super stoked I,v put eyes on one now I just hope he hangs around for another month and a half lol