Thread: Fairly new to hunting...have questions about Mu 3-18

Fairly new to hunting...have questions about Mu 3-18

I got my first leh this year...antlerless mule deer in November in MU 3-18...I don’t know much about the area and it’s quite large. Any general tips for that Mu? Or a good general area to start scouting? Not looking for anyone’s secret spots.

thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fairly new to hunting...have questions about Mu 3-18

I don't know the area whatsoever but depending on the weather the deer may be moving at that time to lower elevations...find the sign, hunt the sign...surprisingly, even mule deer does are harder to find on the roads come November in general as they have adjusted to the hunting pressure...good luck..

Do some research on where the mule deer are this time of year in that MU. Then find out by research wear the migrate to for the winter. As HarryToolips said they’ll most likely be on the move by then. Get in between those two areas and hunt.

Can you say Indian Gardens, bang flop

Ok thanks. I have started studying the area with iHunter and fat map. Will be going for a scout soon as well

Take the Barns lake road and follow it , you will come to a large open field / Meadow you can't miss it bear to the left and it will take you to a series of roads that run allong the South side of the Thompson river , always lots of deer in there at that time of the year , lots of spots to camp in there as well but water is scarce so you need to bring your own unless you camp at Barnes lake
    Good Luck

My experience with antherless tags in the interior is that they are a gimme. As long as you are in the woods that are likely to hold deer (food/water/shelter), you will see does. Don't over think it. Get out there, cover some ground (out of the truck) and you will likely score.