Thread: Excalibur Crossbow Warranty

Excalibur Crossbow Warranty

Well, I guess I get to see if the warranty on Excalibur Crossbows is as good as I’ve been led to believe they are.

Long story short, I just got back from a solo 4-day archery season bull moose hunt on the Firebag River a couple hours from home in Northern Alberta.

Yesterday morning I cocked the crossbow with no issue and about a half hour later I hear a loud snapping sound. A quick look finds the left hand limb has a 1” wide by 8” long by 1/8” thick section hanging off of it. It appears to be a flaw in the limb and a de-lamination occurred.

The crossbow is a 440 Bulldog model and was bought new less than a year ago. It has only been used by me and has never been dropped or dry-fired. This was only the second time using the crossbow in the field. It’s been transported in a case since day one and has been shot I’m guessing about 50 times. So, I’m guaranteeing it is not any form of operator error that caused the issue.

Crap happens and to date I’ve been very happy with my Excalibur purchase. It is amazingly accurate out to the 70 yards that I’ve practiced to and with the Charger crank it is very easy to use.

I’ve filled out the online RMA at Excalibur and I’m just waiting to hear back from them. Hopefully I can just send the limbs away and get replacements. I’ve got a southern Alberta archery Mule deer hunt planned in 5 weeks so I’m hoping for a quick turn around time.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Excalibur Crossbow Warranty

Following. I'm just about to buy that model.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Well, not often am I this impressed with a company standing behind their product. I was contacted by Excalibur today, the first business day after completing the online RMA, and after sending them some pictures of the damage I have a new set of limbs being shipped out today! So, not only great service but super-fast to boot!

I've been led to believe for years that Excalibur has the best service in the industry and while this was the first time I've had to contact them I must say that I'm very glad I went with them on this latest crossbow. Any piece of equipment can break so it really does come down to how a company stands behind their product if you find your luck has run out and you get a flawed piece.

There you go. Do you have a string cocking device? You need one to install the new string.
    I had the same thing happen on my Micro 355 exactly a year ago. Same exemplary service.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    There you go. Do you have a string cocking device? You need one to install the new string.
    I had the same thing happen on my Micro 355 exactly a year ago. Same exemplary service.
    I use two short sections of 1/4” poly rope off the end of each limb and I hook the Charger crank to them. It works great. The limbs are off right now because I figured I’d have to send them back but they don't need them.

Thumbs up Re: Excalibur Crossbow Warranty

Not surprised at the excellent service you received!
    Heard much the same from a few on their own Forum.
    Never had the need, but nice to know it is there.

Cheers & Best of Luck on the Mulie Hunt!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I've had great experience with Excalibur, I accidentally dry fired my Axiom while de-cocking it and put a small hairline splinter in a limb. Sanded it lightly and put another 300+ arrows through it and kept my eye on it before it started to get a bit bigger and I finally submitted an RMA request. I was quick to get a reply from Peter @ Excalibur and he offered me a set of replacement limbs for half the price of new ($80 for the replacements). I feel this is more than fair since the dry fire was entirely my mistake and many lesser companies would be happy to sell you on full retail price in that instant.
    Called their back east number to process payment and got someone very helpful at the front desk on the first ring, she put me through to their warranty department and the fellow I spoke with was extremely polite and helpful. Within 2hrs they had emailed a Canada Post tracking number and the new limbs arrived to my place in the middle of nowhere from across the country via express post less than 3 days later. By the way, the $80 they charged me included the cost of shipping.

I feel like it's pretty hard to find that kind of customer service in this day and age. Sure, some whiners will complain about having to pay for the replacement limbs but again, entirely my fault so I feel that's pretty fair. These days it seems like customer service is a dying concept and there's always the Covid excuse for ridiculously long delays, but not so with Excalibur.

This experience was a big part of the reason I just ordered a new Micro Mag 340 the other day - can't wait to get it in my hands