Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-20 and 6-26 shut down by FN due to COVID

Re: 6-20 and 6-26 shut down by FN due to COVID

Quote Originally Posted by puddlejumper View Post
    Wondering if anyone has actually read the BCWF info graphic? "Stay Local" "Expect Closures"?
    I would assume they are talking about government sanctioned closures like parks etc. Not this FN crap.

COs said they are putting gates on the Stakine boat launch and other popular roads in that area and will be manned 24/7 By moose opener. Would love for this to not be true but that's what I was told.
    Last edited by TDHunter; 08-01-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Wondering if anyone has actually read the BCWF info graphic? "Stay Local" "Expect Closures"?
    I wonder what the definition of local is??? 1 hr drive from your home, 2 hours, 3 hours? Within the Region you live in? Within the MU you live in?
    "There'll be no quitters, till we bag some critters"
    WSSBC - RMGA - BHA - CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Everyone knows this has SFA to do with Covid. Its just an excuse to keep non FN out.
    Any excuse to keep resident hunters out is one that will be used. Seeing that more and more.

And this is the attitude that allows our rights to be taken away.

The government acknowledged that non-Treaty people hunt and fish for subsistence, and that it is essential to allow them to do so.
    The government even issues area specific permission (a licence) for individuals to practice this right.
    The purpose of this area specific permission ( licence) is not to decide who has the right to hunt these animals, but as a means to protect specific wildlife from overharvest, as demanded by the Province's obligation upon Its accepting the responsibility of holding Wildlife in trust for the People , and agreed to by the People.

As an essential service, hunting and fishing when and where authorized by government permission ( the licence), cannot be restricted by contradictory government orders such as "stay local".

OK
    We as a group need to stop complaining to each other in our little bubbles. We all agree this is wrong, everyone where I work agrees this is wrong, everyone who I hunt with agrees this is wrong....and on and on. But until we start talking to our local MLA's and MP's nothing is going to happen.
    Oh well this BS government wont do anything... well maybe not but if we don't stand up and start voicing our concerns as voting tax payers nothing will change.

This area of the province is MLA Doug Donaldson his phone number is 250 842-6338. Call him each and everyone of you. I did and will email him also.
    I live in Prince George and contacted my local MLA who is Shirley Bond and my MP who is Todd Doherty. Today I spoke to both of them. They need to hear from us.
    If this doesn't affect you now IT WILL. ALL THE PLACES YOU LOVE ARE NEXT. This is a test case. Speak up now

Myself and a buddy have a shared bull on the klappan☹️. They negotiated with the province and had restrictions or LEH applied to the easy access areas. They got what they wanted, now they’re after more. Blocking access to crown land is illegal. The crown should have the blockades taken down.

The Canadian ''SPEC-OPS'' troops should be used to clean this mess up, permanently. This would entail some expenditures on ammo, etc., but, it is the right way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    And this is the attitude that allows our rights to be taken away.

The government acknowledged that non-Treaty people hunt and fish for subsistence, and that it is essential to allow them to do so.
    The government even issues area specific permission (a licence) for individuals to practice this right.
    The purpose of this area specific permission ( licence) is not to decide who has the right to hunt these animals, but as a means to protect specific wildlife from overharvest, as demanded by the Province's obligation upon Its accepting the responsibility of holding Wildlife in trust for the People , and agreed to by the People.

As an essential service, hunting and fishing when and where authorized by government permission ( the licence), cannot be restricted by contradictory government orders such as "stay local".
    My attitude or the BCWF attitude? I was just asking a question as I would assume the BCWF is the leading advocate for hunting in BC, and was successful in advocating that hunting and fishing be recognized as an essential service. BCWF acknowledged not just the BC Gov. Covid Info on Hunting and Fishing as an essential service, but also local governments, First Nations etc responsibility to protect their communities. Regarding your observations re. government acknowledgement of non-Treaty people hunting and issuing licenses etc. You are sadly misinformed. But that is not the conversation here. The issue is how to address the concerns of remote communities FN and Non-First Nation alike while maintaining an opportunity to get out and salvage hunting plans. Further as we all know this issue really should have been presented a month or more ago, and I am tending to side with majority that there is an underlying issue. Which may be to address the lack of essential resources within the region, such as medical transport and pharmacy outlets etc. which has been mentioned in the reports a number of times. It looks like Doug Donaldson and the Province has their work cut out for them over the next few days to address the concerns.

I called and emailed the Stikine MLA.