Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-20 and 6-26 shut down by FN due to COVID

Re: 6-20 and 6-26 shut down by FN due to COVID

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Just got back from Tahltan Territory, they have one less Bull Moose to worry about.

300 PRC and 245 EOL's, the hammer from hell...LOL....
    Excellent ! Congrats on a Bull Moose ! RJ

The blocks that were put down on the Willow Creek FSR have been mysteriously pushed aside........

A friend with moo draws up there called the COs. They said move those blocks aside so you can access your boat launch. I know extra RCMP have been sent up there.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Just got back from Tahltan Territory, they have one less Bull Moose to worry about.

300 PRC and 245 EOL's, the hammer from hell...LOL....
    congrats, good to hear it!
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Just heard on cbc the tahltan are stepping up their message and enforcement due to the current flood of dis-respectful hunters in region 6.
    what a mess our province has become!
    I suspect this to turn ugly before long, when a certain race starts trying to turn law abiding, tax paying resident hunters away.
    I already had to make other arrangements for my entire summers tidal fishing plans, now this???
    This has nothing to do with COVID, on remote parts of BC’s coast or Northern back country...

Has anyone been to Atlin hunting yet? Any issues with blockades up there?

This is only the beginning. Wake up bc resident hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by rageous View Post
    This is only the beginning. Wake up bc resident hunters.
    Love to hear what you are referring to?

What the individual is referring to is the 180 degree flip flop the BC ministry for Forest Lands and Resources has done on this matter. You can look on the provincial website, as they point out that travellers are to respect roadblocks set up by the First Nations. And "while hunting was deemed an essential service, this in practise refers to hunting locally for food cultivation to support sustenance harvest opportunities. Travelling to hunt is considered recreational and therefore is non-essential." When dealing with bureaucrats, don't expect them to be on your side when the going gets rough.

Quote Originally Posted by britman101 View Post
    What the individual is referring to is the 180 degree flip flop the BC ministry for Forest Lands and Resources has done on this matter. You can look on the provincial website, as they point out that travellers are to respect roadblocks set up by the First Nations. And "while hunting was deemed an essential service, this in practise refers to hunting locally for food cultivation to support sustenance harvest opportunities. Travelling to hunt is considered recreational and therefore is non-essential." When dealing with bureaucrats, don't expect them to be on your side when the going gets rough.
    This is so infuriating. I'm tired of spineless governments taking it in the but on natvie issues. One law for all.
    WSSBC
    CCFR