Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-20 and 6-26 shut down by FN due to COVID

Re: 6-20 and 6-26 shut down by FN due to COVID

They post the same thing almost every year. We will see them in a couple days and set up camp right beside them if need be until authorities show up.... assuming authorities do what’s right.

The only thing that worries me, is how it will impact my 7 year old towards FN, if we get turned around from her very first sheep hunt (which she’s super excited about). I had to talk her through once already on “why they blocked the road”, which I had no answer for (neither did FN, go figure). It’s hard to keep our youth in check with “being the better person”, when the “other people” get free reins.

If it's reservation land sure . Go ahead shut it down all you want there's no animals left there from the lack of wildlife management anyways . If it's crown but claimed as traditional . Good ****ing luck blocking that off to the tax payers.
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

Where did you find this press release? Wondering if this is old news or something new? Alpine air said they were flying last time I spoke with them?

Tahltan Central Government FB page....https://www.facebook.com/pg/tahltang...=page_internal. I'd still take it with a grain of salt as they said the same thing more or less during the 2018 fires. Heard from BCYukon air 5 minutes ago and they said everything was still open but they'd keep me posted with any changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jac View Post
    Where did you find this press release? Wondering if this is old news or something new? Alpine air said they were flying last time I spoke with them?

We talked to BC yukon a week ago and they said they were good to run there operation. Alpine lakes air also said they were approved to run there operations from the Talthan. They are likely trying to block hunters that are headed to there favored hunting areas off the highway as they try to do every year.

Interesting that they focus on hunters as the issue with covid. What about all the hikers and campers that are rolling through and going to the provincial parks, rec sites etc.. no mention of that...

Would these kind of rules not have to come from the province? We were planning on heading up there in August

If they do go ahead, I wonder if the police will sit on their hands as they did previously?

They should be more worried about their own people bringing in the Covid-19 than hunters. Look at the Queen Charlotte island out break. Try as the did to blame old Whitety it was one of their own that brought it in.

The letter says "zone 20 to 26", not 20 and 26. That's zones 20, 21, 22,23,24,25,26.