Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-20 and 6-26 shut down by FN due to COVID

Re: 6-20 and 6-26 shut down by FN due to COVID

Quote Originally Posted by CheesyLimper View Post
    There's more, but that's the important part...guess I'll be calling BCYukon air to see what's up. Was flying out the 16th.
    CO's have been contacted, no highway road block will be permitted by authorities. I wouldn't be too concerned for most of the areas...don't let them stop you, no violence, just push through even if you need a chainsaw
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

..........all recreational activity access points will be blocked with gates and monitored..........
    ...The nation says the RCMP is co-operating and is working with the province to get additional police and conservation officer support.....

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/306...Tahltan-Nation
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

That's fine...no highway trucks from down south bringing gas and groceries, if the covid risk is too great from a hunter passing through, it's most certainly too great from a truckload of products from all over.
    What's that you say? Ole gramma and your babies are hungry? And your truck has no fuel??
    .....TOO BAD!!! live with the consequences of the choices you're making.

I dearly wish rail and trucking companies would boycott these "nations" when they pull shit like this...but they wont unfortunately. Short term greed wins out.
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Is there only the 1 gas station up there? Is it owned by the band? If it isn't I'd sure be 1 pissed off business owner if the FN were turning away paying customers.

This is getting out of control, this "Nation" stuff is laughable. I wonder how they'd fare if proper border stops were set up, duties paid on goods coming/going, restrictions on travel/work outside the "nation", no other countries (Canada) giving you handouts, take care of your own healthcare/infrastructure/etc. It's shocking that this population has such power when the BC/Fed governments could make them say no mas in about 2 days if they had the balls, no violence required.

Our plan is travel by night, take the AK Hwy and contact RCMP in the spots we re going through to get a pulse of the mood..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Unless this shutdown is mandated by our government I wouldn't be too worried and carry on..^^^and the idea above is good to avoid conflict....

Any attempt to block highway 37 should be viewed as an act of terrorism and should be deal with accordingly. But let's remember the only more two face gutless government in Canada than our Provincal Government is our Federal Government. I say convoy up and take lots of movie cameras.

Please pay attention to this.
    The stakeholders better make use of this nugget.
    Educate the RCMP....

The BC Government has already declared Hunting and Fishing as Essential Services under the designation of Food and Agricultural Service providers, specifically as Food cultivation.
    https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...-covid-19#food

A release from BCWF on the designation.
    https://bcwf.bc.ca/hunting-and-angli...tial-services/

I hope non-Indigenous BC hunters and fishers recognize the legal potential with this designation.
    Finally, here is a government order than can be used in court to enhance non-Indian subsistence rights.

Stand up for your Natural Born Rights!

^^^^right on, thank you Walking Buffalo....

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    Please pay attention to this.
    The stakeholders better make use of this nugget.
    Educate the RCMP....

The BC Government has already declared Hunting and Fishing as Essential Services under the designation of Food and Agricultural Service providers, specifically as Food cultivation.
    https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/essential-services-covid-19#food

A release from BCWF on the designation.
    https://bcwf.bc.ca/hunting-and-angli...tial-services/

I hope non-Indigenous BC hunters and fishers recognize the legal potential with this designation.
    Finally, here is a government order than can be used in court to enhance non-Indian subsistence rights.

Stand up for your Natural Born Rights!
    Wondering if anyone has actually read the BCWF info graphic? "Stay Local" "Expect Closures"?
    Last edited by puddlejumper; 07-31-2020 at 07:51 AM.