Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: 6-20 and 6-26 shut down by FN due to COVID

Re: 6-20 and 6-26 shut down by FN due to COVID

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    This is so infuriating. I'm tired of spineless governments taking it in the but on natvie issues. One law for all.
    The only thing more pathetic than the Provincial NDP Government is our Federal Liebral Government. They are only interested in pandering to special interest groups and screwing the hard working tax payer.

Quote Originally Posted by britman101 View Post
    What the individual is referring to is the 180 degree flip flop the BC ministry for Forest Lands and Resources has done on this matter. You can look on the provincial website, as they point out that travellers are to respect roadblocks set up by the First Nations. And "while hunting was deemed an essential service, this in practise refers to hunting locally for food cultivation to support sustenance harvest opportunities. Travelling to hunt is considered recreational and therefore is non-essential." When dealing with bureaucrats, don't expect them to be on your side when the going gets rough.
    Dissect that comment. Our stakeholder groups need to get the lawyers involved.

"Hunting is an essential service"....
    This declaration must not be watered down.

When the government limits access to hunting opportunities through limited season dates and LEH restrictions, the hunter has no choice but to travel to where the opportunity to harvest exists.

Whoever from the government that approved the comment needs to be educated, and the government needs to publicly backtrack on this position.

It should now be clear, Hunters need to stop allowing the government and anyone else to describe this activity as "recreational".

All Hunter stakeholder groups need to put an end to the concept that Hunting is "recreational".

Inflammatory CBC article: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...id19-1.5709915

If you are so worried about Plague 2.0 then stay in your villages and we promise not to visit

This has SFA to do with hunting being an essential activity and how far you can travel to hunt. Call it what you want recreational hunting, sport hunting, or essential to your families needs. It makes no difference.

Last I checked we (BC) were at Covid Stage 3 of the restart plan. Nothing wrong with travelling the province to participate in a variety of activities as long as you are acting within the precautionary guidelines required of stage 3. So go wherever you want and hunt for whatever your reasons are be it food, sport, trophy, challenge, or just a reason to getaway.

This and other blockades like the one in Haida Gwaii have nothing to do with preventing the spread of Covid to remote communities, any idiot can see that. All it is doing is furthering a divide and pissing allot of people off. It's time someone in Govt acknowledges it for what it is.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 09-04-2020 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post

When the government limits access to hunting opportunities through limited season dates and LEH restrictions, the hunter has no choice but to travel to where the opportunity to harvest exists.

Whoever from the government that approved the comment needs to be educated, and the government needs to publicly backtrack on this position.

It should now be clear, Hunters need to stop allowing the government and anyone else to describe this activity as "recreational".

All Hunter stakeholder groups need to put an end to the concept that Hunting is "recreational".

This!! Note the fishing licenses call it recreational fishing and commercial fishing. It should state resident fishery with the FN and all other residents of this fair country (or province depending on freshwater or salt) included under that banner.

Hunting and fishing are not "recreational"

I spend approximately $500-600 on fuel to go hunting every year... that figure provides meat for the year for me and my family. There is no way I could afford to buy free range beef and chicken in the volumes we consume to replace the moose, grouse and waterfowl I bring home.

- Hunting and fishing are not "recreational"

We need to change the public perception about that. Recreational activities are very easy to sideline and it doesn't really describe what we do.

- This declaration must not be watered down.

It already has been. The government has resolved the conflict by saying "local hunting is essential. Travelling hunting is *considered* recreational". It's a BS workaround, but it is the theme of the day. If you don't want it watered down hit the letters to the MLAs that I've posted before. We're at 805 and need to get to 2000, minimum. If you (everyone on this forum - I'm not pointing a finger at Walking Buffalo) don't want access watered down sign and send the letter:

https://bcwf.bc.ca/initiatives/acces...c-land-in-b-c/

-Last I checked we (BC) were at Covid Stage 3 of the restart plan.

That's the argument, but the government is getting around it with the use of "considered" as I said above. The argument is solid. The workaround is insulting BS.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

This government BS should surprise no one. When was the last time that licensed hunters in this province were treated fairly? You can bet on one thing, the provincial government will also use the chaos of Covid-19 as their excuse for not having the time, etc., etc. to address hunters concerns. They need to be taken to task and everyone needs to get on their case about this and continue to push them until it is dealt with in a fair and equitable manner. But we all know that won't happen..............
    Everyone is entitled to voicing an opinion, as long as it is a learned one.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

If the CO's won't enforce the laws as written in BC, Why the phuck should I follow their laws?

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post

I agree with you. The very notion that you hunt locally is ridiculous as it doesn't apply to all hunters equally.
    Its another attempt at "moving the goalposts".

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Chipman View Post
    - Hunting and fishing are not "recreational"

We need to change the public perception about that. Recreational activities are very easy to sideline and it doesn't really describe what we do.

- This declaration must not be watered down.

It already has been. The government has resolved the conflict by saying "local hunting is essential. Travelling hunting is *considered* recreational". It's a BS workaround, but it is the theme of the day. If you don't want it watered down hit the letters to the MLAs that I've posted before. We're at 805 and need to get to 2000, minimum. If you (everyone on this forum - I'm not pointing a finger at Walking Buffalo) don't want access watered down sign and send the letter:

https://bcwf.bc.ca/initiatives/acces...c-land-in-b-c/

-Last I checked we (BC) were at Covid Stage 3 of the restart plan.

That's the argument, but the government is getting around it with the use of "considered" as I said above. The argument is solid. The workaround is insulting BS.

This shows how important and detrimental the term 'recreational" is to the future of non-treaty hunting, and fishing.

I emphasized early on the huge implications of the government recognizing licenced hunting as "essential".

The government see it too now, thus the change in tact.

The original declaration is still a very strong tool, IF BC hunters and their stakeholders will learn to use it.