Thread: Bow tuning kamloops

Bow tuning kamloops

Hey all.

Ive been bowhunting for years, but im looking to really dial in my setup. Is there anyone in the kamloops area who has the setup and know-how to walk me through tuning my bow? Specifically bareshaft/broadhead and paper tuning.
    Bow sinister is closed for the foreseeable future so thats a no go.

Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bow tuning kamloops

Quote Originally Posted by Hadda View Post
    Hey all.

Ive been bowhunting for years, but im looking to really dial in my setup. Is there anyone in the kamloops area who has the setup and know-how to walk me through tuning my bow? Specifically bareshaft/broadhead and paper tuning.

Thanks!
    Download the easton arrow tuning guide, it has all the info you need.

Hey all.

Thanks!
    Ever thought of going where archers hang out? They're usually good like that, some of them have bow presses, experience and will help. Kamloops has such a place....... give a bit, get a bit kind of thing.

Besides that, wait. Apparently something is happening in town.

Lots of videos on YouTube. Look up John Dudley(Nock on archery) he is very informative.

Is there a rumor about a new sporting goods store in Kamloops?......sure need one!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelie64 View Post
    Is there a rumor about a new sporting goods store in Kamloops?......sure need one!
    Theres has been lots of rumours, apparently the big ones have been looking at buildings here every time one of the big stores closes down. Rumours though, believable given the source but I've heard those since I've lived here.

This is not a rumour though, there is something in the works (not by me) that will be good news for archers in town.

Hopefully they will support it and it will grown into the thing that Kamloops needs...... otherwise they can complain it closes whilst they buy cheap from online big boxers.

Hey all.

Thanks!
    Archery Talk has ALOT of information on tuning. I suggest searching based on the type of cam system you're tuning. Gold Tip also has a series on tuning your bow, and arrows.

Honestly my dude I wasted a lot of time and money paper tuning, knock tuning bare shaft tuning with little gain only to end up bh tuning anyway, some people may say I’m crazy but find the correct spined shaft for your rig pick a broad head you like buy a foam block target and get to bh tuning have set up 2 bows like this and both shoot lights out I did notice a fair bit more accuracy with a helical fletch and good bh tune even field points shot tighter just my .02

pm if you need some good links to YouTube vids or a little help

Try The Horse Barn. Their archery guy only works on weekends.