Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Texas Creek Hunting Closure

Re: Texas Creek Hunting Closure

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    then rip the road out period......and make it a park.
    That's too much work....let me make it easier for you.

"got a Match"!!!!

I’ve been wanting to get up there for a few years now, just haven’t had the time. I am frustrated that we once again have a portion of society going rogue and flouting the law.

This guy on YouTube ran into the biologist while driving up there, she seems like your typical eco-warrior nut.
    https://youtu.be/JSK_TajHIRU
    Last edited by Livewire322; 01-12-2021 at 12:37 PM.
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    I drove Whistler to Lillooet over the weekend. A ton of the rec sites and parking spots were gated, big signs "closed", etc.
    I'm pretty sure most of that is not government endorsed, but rather the locals. it's a bit frustrating, really.

Simply using a global pandemic as a means to justify your desire to keep people out. I just don't understand how you can be ok with the white man making and delivering you all the supplies you need, but not OK with that man wanting to take a swim at the nearby lake. It's absurd that they think aanyone buys the logic behind it.
    I think these are provincial closures. Joffre and Garibaldi were closed too. Places like Brandywine Meadows are open, but lots of pressure nonetheless. The only saving grace there is the last sections to the trailhead are fwd (or at least think twice before charging up the loose rocky hill and torching the new "go anywhere" Subaru). What amazed me was the sheer number of people descending on the area. Parking lots were starting to fill up by 8:00am at places like Rainbow Park and Lakeside.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    I think these are provincial closures. Joffre and Garibaldi were closed too. Places like Brandywine Meadows are open, but lots of pressure nonetheless. The only saving grace there is the last sections to the trailhead are fwd (or at least think twice before charging up the loose rocky hill and torching the new "go anywhere" Subaru). What amazed me was the sheer number of people descending on the area. Parking lots were starting to fill up by 8:00am at places like Rainbow Park and Lakeside.
    Why are parks and hikes like this closed. That makes no sense. People should be out getting fresh air. It's pretty easy to maintain 6 feet on a hike. Alot easier than the grocery store...

Quote Originally Posted by ajeatoo View Post
    Are you talking about the rec sites on the Duffey like Gott Creek and Cinnamon etc?
    Those sites are open, at least they were the last time (2 weeks ago) I drove the Duffy,
    but the BC Hydro recreational site is closed at Seaton Lake, so is the lookout parking and lake access.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

They did finally post a map of the area they are closing down (Texas watershed) but it's too large for me to upload.
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...23883749411235

And also I spoke to the manager of Cascades District FLNRO and he did confirm they had no knowledge of this closure, he is trying to get into contact with the nation but as of yesterday he has received zero response. He said there are several closures in that area and all but one have been endorsed by the chiefs, none of the closures have been done with any consult of the FLNRO.

Alway been grizzly there. I remember tracking a huge boar grizzly back in the early nineties it had just killed a big billy.

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    Why are parks and hikes like this closed. That makes no sense. People should be out getting fresh air. It's pretty easy to maintain 6 feet on a hike. Alot easier than the grocery store...
    I agree but Joffre is very crowded. Used to be a great hike, now it is jammed with day-trippers. That is true of the entire Sea-to-Sky corridor. The North Shore mountains are the worst and now you need a day pass to get on the trail at Cypress or Seymour.

pretty par for the course, we want to protect the bears or whatever and motorized vehicles are the problem, but not our motorized vehicles just everyone elses lol...amazing
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Do you prospect? Have a 'Free Miners' licence? Crown land up there? You get the idea.