So what do you prefer to use as treats when training your bird dog? Bought from the pet shop, weiners, kibble, other?

Luckily for me I have lots of wild game (deer and moose) trim in the freezer, as well as spruce grouse, since I don't care for the dark meat too much, an duck and goose breasts. Sako will literally jump through hoops for any of these!

Even though Sako will eat all that stuff raw I make jerky out of it so I can carry it in zip lok bags. Just ran out of all the goose jerky I had,,,,,big bag lasted over 5 months.

The last two mornings I made up some deer trim jerky so I'm good well into the fall. Have to give kudos to Sako for leaving it alone while I was out. I left it sitting on the counter to cool and finish drying until noon totally unguarded. Even with the smell wafting through the entire down stairs of the house it sat there the whole time!

In reality I fully expected that BUT I know if my mom left a pie on the counter when I was a kid and I was the only one home there's NO way I wouldn't have eaten some! lol

So do you make or buy your dog treats for training purposes?