Thread: Boot problems

Boot problems

Picked up a pair of Hanwag boots January of 2019. Used them all last year and went hiking a week ago and they started giving really bad blisters all of a sudden. Need new insoles?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Boot problems

Quote Originally Posted by griffincarruthers View Post
    Picked up a pair of Hanwag boots January of 2019. Used them all last year and went hiking a week ago and they started giving really bad blisters all of a sudden. Need new insoles?
    Not likely. Consider the location of the blisters and google “hiking boot lacing techniques”. It’s obvious your foot was moving around in them a bit and using a different lace system should fix that. Good luck!

Some thin hiking socks, as the first layer, then thick socks?
    Give it a try maybe.

my feet need a break in period if I've taken a few months off, but everybody is different in that regard

if the boots used to fit nicely, but are getting blisters now...how were the boots stored during off season? could be possible the leather has shrunk a bit if neglected

I would start with proper cleaning and reconditioning, and then go for an easy hike, see how the boot and your feet respond, go from there.....good socks and lacing technique will help a lot with any pair of boots
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Run barefoot along the fraser breaks somewhere... wont need boots after that.

Are the blisters on the bottom, side or top of your foot?

Lol. Would probably melt the blisters right off my feet out there in this weather. Blisters were on the bottom of my heels. Watched some boot lacing videos and found a few things to try next time I’m out.

Moleskin . . . . carry lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Not likely. Consider the location of the blisters and google “hiking boot lacing techniques”. It’s obvious your foot was moving around in them a bit and using a different lace system should fix that. Good luck!
    Very good advice

Quote Originally Posted by digger dogger View Post
    Some thin hiking socks, as the first layer, then thick socks?
    Give it a try maybe.
    X2 Never got blisters after wearing double socks.