Thread: 5-15 Moose

5-15 Moose

We drew a Moose draw in 5-15 this year. Just wondering if anyone has heard of any access issues we may have in this region. I think everyone knows what access issues I am referring to. Thanks in advance.

D

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 5-15 Moose

Not sure what access issues you mean, care to elaborate ?
    though dates and LEH zone you have may help narrow down any potential information.

5-15 B Oct, Just wondering if anyone had any feedback on whether FN's has been restricting any access in this region. Hope that was Politically correct cause I dont know what is or is not any more? I had a draw in 5-02 years ago and there were no issues, but things change so fast and with this Covid thing going on I thought Id ask.

Quote Originally Posted by westcoast meds View Post
    We drew a Moose draw in 5-15 this year. Just wondering if anyone has heard of any access issues we may have in this region. I think everyone knows what access issues I am referring to. Thanks in advance.

D
    Suspect you are thinking indian issues.non. in 35 years in the area.
    Congrads
    PM with pH number if you choose.
    Cheers
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by westcoast meds View Post
    5-15 B Oct, Just wondering if anyone had any feedback on whether FN's has been restricting any access in this region. Hope that was Politically correct cause I dont know what is or is not any more? I had a draw in 5-02 years ago and there were no issues, but things change so fast and with this Covid thing going on I thought Id ask.
    The access issue you face is the lack of road access to your zone, only a small piece is road access, the rest is boat/plane, and you need to be well prepared with a sizeable boat, to boat into your zone. We just went over this one recently where another tag holder was asking about access into this zone with an undersized and underpowered boat.

I was in 5-15C two years ago after the big "No hunting" declaration was made and one of my LEH partners actually bailed "after I consulted my First Nation friends" he said.

The only FN person I saw in two weeks was doing some fish monitoring at the Likely bridge.