Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for fishing spot within a few hours of lower mainland.

Looking for fishing spot within a few hours of lower mainland.

Girlfriend and I are looking for a spot to fish within a few hours of the lower mainland. Ideally something that isn't crazy busy. Would usually head further out of town, but can't go too far at the moment. Have found lightening lake (manning park) and Silver lake (outside hope) online, but not sure if these will be flooded with recreational users? Any other suggestions?

2. Site Sponsor

Talking Re: Looking for fishing spot within a few hours of lower mainland.

Anyone wana give up there quiet fishing spots lol?

Re: Looking for fishing spot within a few hours of lower mainland.

Yea I’ll just jump on sharing my productive low key quiet spots..

give me a minute while I type out the list.

There are some really good fishing spots within easy driving distance of Vancouver - start looking around Squamish - then work your way through Pemberton, Gold bridge, Merritt, and down to Princeton - in that broad circle there are hundreds of places to fish in creeks, streams, rivers and lakes. When you find a really good spot loaded with fish let us all know so that we can fish it too ��
    I have walked in the footstep's of elephants, heard lions roar and met the Cape buffalo on his own turf - I'm blessed to be born African - And proud to be a Canadian!

Google has everything. Outdoor forums will usually yield less results on your search for quiet fishing holes. Good luck and enjoy the outdoors with your lady

Silver Lake area is a complete zoo now ( we live in Hope ) and Lightning Lake in Manning is nice but again it's packed. As others have suggested the Princeton area has a ton of Lakes and Rivers to fish with a lot less pressure. The present hot spell has dampened the results a bit, a Princeton area Lake Son fished 2 weeks ago was incredible, this past week was very difficult to fish. If you are OK with "suckers" the Tulameen River is full of them.

Funny how ppl that live in the LM are always complaining about crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggdon View Post
    Funny how ppl that live in the LM are always complaining about crowds.
    then roll into the small towns and be exactly what they are “trying” to avoid lol.

not saying this is what OP is doing, but it happens frequently ! Living where I do, I dread June -oct.. once any buck closes, there’s some peace and quiet but the festivals start early !

Take a stroll up the Kane Valley road off the coq.. There are a few lakes and some nice camping along there. Go across the connector and lakes like Marquart are ok as well.

Check out fishing with Rods site.
    "From Covid to Hitler in 16 posts. Not today folks"

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell

Quakee Surpee Neekoo

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    There are some really good fishing spots within easy driving distance of Vancouver - start looking around Squamish - then work your way through Pemberton, Gold bridge, Merritt, and down to Princeton - in that broad circle there are hundreds of places to fish in creeks, streams, rivers and lakes. When you find a really good spot loaded with fish let us all know so that we can fish it too ��
    Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    Google has everything. Outdoor forums will usually yield less results on your search for quiet fishing holes. Good luck and enjoy the outdoors with your lady
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Glove View Post
    Silver Lake area is a complete zoo now ( we live in Hope ) and Lightning Lake in Manning is nice but again it's packed. As others have suggested the Princeton area has a ton of Lakes and Rivers to fish with a lot less pressure. The present hot spell has dampened the results a bit, a Princeton area Lake Son fished 2 weeks ago was incredible, this past week was very difficult to fish. If you are OK with "suckers" the Tulameen River is full of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by weatherby_man View Post
    Take a stroll up the Kane Valley road off the coq.. There are a few lakes and some nice camping along there. Go across the connector and lakes like Marquart are ok as well.

Check out fishing with Rods site.
    Thanks for these tips. We'll check out some of these areas! Just looking for some areas to relax a bit and try out some gear without too many rowdy people.

Thanks for the other comments...super helpful I know where to go when I need "productive low key quiet spots"